• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons Solicitors

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
    I would wait until your cca request comes back.

You may have said but when was the account opened and roughly how much is owed.

As for the Vodka, I like good stuff not-why do you think I keep going to Tesco and Waitrose with empty suitcases.
    Afternoon, Warwick.

Fixed your post for you!
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Buttons1968 View Post
      So could/should I write back requesting further info? Nowhere does it state how the balance is owing nor when I last had any contact?
      As [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION] says, best not to let them know where they have failed.
      When was the last time you paid into the account or acknowledged it in writing? (& do you have documented proof?).
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        As [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION] says, best not to let them know where they have failed.
        When was the last time you paid into the account or acknowledged it in writing? (& do you have documented proof?).
        I have ni idea! I've lived where i am now for 4.5 years and not heard anything in this time. Nothing is on my credit file

Comment

If you do not hold records already, your bank (or the one you were with at the time) can supply historic info of the relevant periods for a fairly modest fee.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            Afternoon, Warwick.

Fixed your post for you!

I have never been caught shoplifting

Comment

Hi
              Can I just check one thing

Did you send the £1 fee to Capquest and can you evidence it - either because it was a cheque and has been cashed or with a receipt?

I will stick my neck out and say that does not comply with the CCA request - the only definite part is that there are no default terms and conditions. On the terms that were on the back I can not read the address of Capital One nor the exact name

I would be inclined to write back and tell them they have not complied with your CCA request - but that is all - no detail and also copy restons in however wait until someone else says ya or nay - i am not precious about being contradicted

The reason I say write back is because of my experience with Lowell where I stopped engaging with them and got a claim

Moving on , even if that was classed as compliant with your CCA request i can not see how it would be a correctly executed agreement. If that is all you signed it did not contain all the prescribed terms and is therefore irredeemably unenforecable but only a judge can say that

Sadly it is only a relatively small debt and would probably not be worth engaging a solicitor if they issued a claim but never say never
              [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X