• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination H.P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination H.P

Hi read an article on here about this

[url]http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?77612-How-to-Voluntary-Terminate-a-HP-Agreement-*UPDATED*[/url] written by username: R0b

Got in touch with my finance company informed them that would like to exercise the right as i am getting a car through a work scheme and would make no sense keeping both cars.

I also sent i a letter as per the article.

I've had the car on the finance for last 2 and half years on a 4year plan so assumed that would be over half the agreement.

However just got a letter from Blackhorse who are the finance company to say im not half way through the agreement as to them half is when i've covered half the value of the full agreement including the interest rates.

So if i was to hand the car back in there will be a payment to make quite significant. Then the letter goes on to state that if i do agree to end the agreement they are also going to record a DEFAULT on my credit file to say i didnt complete the agreement.

Now i read in the article above that this doesnt affect you credit score, so guess my question is are the finance company right in recording such marker on my credit report or its that something that i can fight?

If not then leaves me with no option but to keep the car as i cant afford to have that marker on my credit file.

Please help!
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary Termination H.P

apologies if I've posted this in the wrong thread

Comment

Hello

Are you able to post up this letter that you received? It is very misleading if they are saying they are going to record a default on your credit report. The right to terminate is a statutory right and there is no default in exercising it. Blackhorse would be in breach of data protection if they did that and you would have a claim against them.

It is wrong to assume that because you have paid half of the contract you must have paid half the amount - you should have read the guide more carefully as it does explicitly set out the different types of agreements and also how to calculate how much you have paid.

Strictly speaking, if you have already given notice to terminate then you can't withdraw that notice although you could simply carry on as normal if both parties agree, though technically that would be a new agreement in itself.

If you post up the letter with your personal info redacted then I can comment further - you can do this on the forum itself or you can go to an image hosting site like https://postimages.org/ and provide the thumbnail link.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Rob.

Yeah that was an error on my end didn't read your thread thoroughly, that's my mistake sorry about that.

I have attached a copy of the first two pages of the letter that I received.

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Could you upload the second page again, can't seem to open it properly.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hope this one is better

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X