• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Solicitors

I have received a letter from Lowell Solicitors threatening to take me to court for a debt of £500 (costs £750) which was taken out in my name by my ex-wife approximately 5 years ago , I've been separated from my wife for over 3 years. I'm reluctant to put this down as fraud because my ex-wife is in poor health; does anyone know where I stand on this.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Solicitors

Good morning, welcome to LB.
    Does the account appear on your credit files?
    What type of account is this?
    I presume that Lowell solicitors are " employed " by one of the Lowell group of companies? If this is a CCA1974 regulated credit account you need to send a request under the provisions of sect: 77/78/78 of the CCA for a copy of the agreement relevant to the account to the company together with the £1.00 statutory fee.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I have received a letter from Lowell Solicitors threatening to take me to court for a debt of £500 (costs £750) which was taken out in my name by my ex-wife approximately 5 years ago , I've been separated from my wife for over 3 years. I'm reluctant to put this down as fraud because my ex-wife is in poor health; does anyone know where I stand on this.
      Was this a catalogue account by any chance? Accounts taken out by a person's wife, husband or partner is not uncommon.

Have you been oblivious to the account since it was opened (5 years ago) so this approach by Lowells has come out of the blue, or do you have some idea of what happened and how it happened perhaps discovered after you and your wife separated (3 years ago)?

If you want to protect your ex-wife then you may need to keep this out of court i.e. avoid a claim or if you do get a claim find a way to settle at Mediation.

Is the disputed sum £500 increasing to £750 due to additional interest/charges?

Di

Comment

Hi
        Just to check
        Does the letter from Lowell solicitors mention a letter of claim or letter before action and does it say will issue proceedings or may issue proceedings

This was my loetter of claim from over 15 months ago LBA.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X