• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest Claim - advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capquest Claim - advice please

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
    Technically the cca request doesn't need a signature so you 'she' could digitally sign it I. E use a fancy font on your Computer
    Good idea! You've just reminded me that I have a digital copy of her signature.

Comment

So it's time to lodge a defence. We've had nothing back from Restons or Capquest yet. I believe Wednesday 13th September is our deadline to file the defence as the CO was issued on 11th August (11th August + 33 days = 13th September). As I only have time to file the defence in the evenings after work, am I correct to assume that I need to do this tomorrow (Tuesday) night in order for it to be processed during normal working hours on Wednesday 13th?

As I've not done this before, what information do I need to include in the defence? My thoughts are:

1. We believe the debt is statute barred as the CO states it is from an agreement made in 1997

2. Capquest have failed to provide evidence of the contract

3. Capquest have failed to provide evidence of the assignment

Any advice would be gratefully received.
      Last edited by birchy; 11th September 2017, 20:05:PM. Reason: Got my dates wrong!

Comment

Hi
        Use on your of the template defences
        SB has nothing to do with when the account was opened, it's about how long since any payments or acknowledgements since the cause of action, this could be last payment or default date or something similar

Comment

Thanks for replying. Attached is a draft of the defence. Comments please...
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to submit the above defence later tonight. Does it look OK?

Thanks.

Comment

If you haven't submitted yet I would expand the section about assignment to put the claimant to strict proof they have a right to bring the claim.

That can then be expanded on later in a WS

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I haven't submitted the defence yet. How would I word your suggestions and whereabouts in the listing should I put it? Sorry for the newbie questions, I've never had to do all this stuff before.

Comment

After the paragraph where you mention notice of assignment either insert a new aragraph and renumber or add to the existing one.

The claimant is put to strict proof of their right to bring a claim. It is requested they disclose necessary proof including the Deed of assignment

Something like that

Comment

Mrs has received a letter from Restons. Seems like they're on the ropes but not really sure how to interpret their intentions. Letter is attached to this post. What do you guys think?
                    Attached Files

Comment

usual response when they do not have a CCA etc, file the letter safe.

Comment

Thanks for replying. My initial thoughts were that it was a standard reply when they don't want to play ball because they don't have the relevant information. Regarding the CCA request, do they have a legal obligation to supply a COPY of the CCA? If not, what happens to the £1 postal order we sent them?

Comment

Once paid they keep it but if they do not respond then they are in default of legal regulation i.e. 12 + 2 days a case is unenforceable until they comply with the request!

Comment

Their letter states that we should have the original Credit Agreement and therefore they see no reason why we would require an additional copy. So it seems like they have no intentions of supplying it. Is the 12+2 days to respond working days only? And from what date does that countdown start? The CCA request was dated 29th August and I have proof of postage as it was sent recorded delivery. I believe they have already defaulted on the 14 days?

Comment

If you look around same type thread this is standard response not a one off, they have a problem?? then it is their problem> the legislation states " you can request on payment of £1.00 a copy of a CCA1974!" no argument from them, this is a delay tactic, they are in default of a legal request on payment of the pound. read threads and get an idea how tghis outfit operates

await their next move etc etc

Comment

Hi
                                Remember that the CCA request was sent to the claimant and not the solicitors

The stuff that Restons write back to you is just that - from Restons.

If capquest have not complied with the CCA request that is their problem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X