• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court letter due to contract phone when I was 17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court letter due to contract phone when I was 17

Hope this is in the right place and I really hope someone can help me. Going to try to keep this short.

I have received a claim form form the County Court to repay £524.13 by an agreement between me and Everything Everywhere (EE). The agreement was dated 25/03/2014.*

However. With my date of birth being 24/09/1996
    I was only 17 when I applied for the contact, will I be able to get this issue dropped and owe them nothing?*

I do remember getting the contract when I was 17 and I even rang up some months down the line to tell them I can t afford my monthly payment and try to get it cheaper but that didn't seem to happen.

If anyone can help at all I will appreciate it so much! Thanks*

I have 14 days from the 16/08/17 to send the letter
    Tags: None

Re: County Court letter due to contract phone when I was 17

Hi and welcome

You cannot enter into a monthly contract for a mobile phone if you are under 18 years.
    How did you manage to bypass the credit and identification checks

Any debt would be unenforceable through the courts, altho' the debt still remains.

Acknowledge the claim form and indicate you will be defending in full. This gives you 33 days from issuance to lodge a defence.
    Then post up "particulars of claim" as on the claim form so peeps here can help you with your defence.

Comment

Re: County Court letter due to contract phone when I was 17

Originally posted by Smallalex981 View Post
      Hope this is in the right place and I really hope someone can help me. Going to try to keep this short.

I have received a claim form form the County Court to repay £524.13 by an agreement between me and Everything Everywhere (EE). The agreement was dated 25/03/2014.*

However. With my date of birth being 24/09/1996
      I was only 17 when I applied for the contact, will I be able to get this issue dropped and owe them nothing?
      Was the account in your name as Des says you have to be 18 to have a contract

I do remember getting the contract when I was 17 and I even rang up some months down the line to tell them I can t afford my monthly payment and try to get it cheaper but that didn't seem to happen
      Can you remember how many months? If it was less than 9 months they wouldn't do a thing as per T&Cs

If anyone can help at all I will appreciate it so much! Thanks*

I have 14 days from the 16/08/17 to send the letter

How did you take out the contract? I am amazed you managed to get one at such a young age!
      PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X