• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

civil money claim against ex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: civil money claim against ex

HI - slightly off topic but is there anything I can do regarding the non-payment of his half of the mortgage? I thought it was a contract in both our names and if he wants to take advantage of that by claiming half of any equity, shouldn't he also have to pay his half now not later with adjustments et al. I really struggling here to keep things going and he is working full time, hoping I will fail and lose the home our son and I rely on. I am dealing with a personality here that is willing to lose out to vent his spite so will not be willing to pay anything in real time at all, and I dont think the lender will do anything, they would just take advantage of the situation I expect. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenlillian View Post
      HI - slightly off topic but is there anything I can do regarding the non-payment of his half of the mortgage? I thought it was a contract in both our names and if he wants to take advantage of that by claiming half of any equity, shouldn't he also have to pay his half now not later with adjustments et al. I really struggling here to keep things going and he is working full time, hoping I will fail and lose the home our son and I rely on. I am dealing with a personality here that is willing to lose out to vent his spite so will not be willing to pay anything in real time at all, and I dont think the lender will do anything, they would just take advantage of the situation I expect. Thanks.
      Sorry to say, I can't think of any way in which you can require your ex to pay the mortgage in full or in part and you're right that the lender's response to any default is likely to be an action for repossession which would be the very worst outcome.

Comment

Hi - what a waste of time that was. My hearing was today and I was refused permission to have the previous judgement set aside on the grounds that i didnt have a hope of winning my case because my details were not properly particualrised in my claim as submitted at the outset. So it is not about if you are right or wrong, just whether you can write legal documents properly. I am not happy. The judge flicked throug the files for 10 minutes or so then said some things about how i wasnt entitled to half the pension fund because i wasnt a wife?? - that is not what we were there about - when matey spoke he admitted there and then that he did agree to split the fund 50/50 but even then the judge didnt seem to get my point about paying his tax debts out of my share - the judge said that we were not there for that and yet he had already made comments about the matter of splitting the funds in the first place - strange I thought. Matey had a document prepared by his solicitor in advance pointing out the reasons for not allowing my application and implying therein that if it was allowed it would be saying that the previous judge had made an error. I could see how it was being skewed but had no legal team behind me - well that is hopefully the last time I will ever see that manipulating, manouvering, scheming, treacherous, conniving man.

Comment

And now that this is the end of the road I just have to bin all the solicitors letters about child sexual abuse allegations against him, the employers suspension from work letters, the hand written notes of malicious phone calls made against me and denied on the lives of children, on knees on the floor, weeping, I promise IT WASN'T ME, the diary notes about sleeping with other women, when where, dates and names, the letters from other women, the other employers gross misconduct and dismissal letters et al. Wonderful person eh.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X