• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA request....12 working days are up....what next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA request....12 working days are up....what next?

Wescot Credit Services.... on behalf of Arrow Global.....on behalf of Egg Banking. Phew!
    A credit card from about 13 yrs ago. They have contacted me at my new address.
    I had a payment arrangement in place with Egg which got passed to other companies back then, (not these two).
    Then the financial crash came.......then I was made unemployed.
    They sent me income/outgoings to fill in and I offered them £1.00 p/month.....unsurprisingly I heard no more from them.

Until now.......so I looked for some help and advice and found your site. I didn't even need to ask a question via post because the CCA info was there to be followed. So I sent the letter. (see attached).

My question is do I need to do anything else?
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: CCA request....12 working days are up....what next?

Did you find out when you made the last payment?

Comment

Wescot the hopeful on commission debt collectors on behalf of somebody else, have no powers hence known by many of us "Wetcloths"

last payment/acknowledgement of the alleged debt date needs to be known,

Comment

Hi
        When you sent the above letter did you include the fee of £1

If not I would resend using the attached template http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...etter-example/

The reason being is that just requesting documents has no legal standing but send the request with the fee means it becomes unenforceable until they comply.

I noticed as well you asked for the deed of assignment, I would be very surprised if you got that - they will claim it is a sensitive commercial document although they may send a copy of the notice of assignment

As already asked, when was the last payment made and can you remember when the account was defaulted

Wescott are not the brightest bunch to be honest, according to them there is a new act of parliament called the credit consumer act :-) ( I have it on a letter from them)

Comment

No, but would be 8+ yrs ago. They haven't yet tried to put it in court.

Comment

Do I need to request from them their understanding of the last payment/acknowledgment?
            This would have been 8+ yrs ago.

Comment

So no payment or acknowledgement has been made for over 8 years?

If that is the case I would just ignore.

Comment

Hi Warwick.....yes I did send the £1.00 fee and I have the copy of the "signed for" at the other end.
                The last payment must have been 8+ yrs ago

Comment

Hi
                  Who owned the debt 8 years ago? Was it Egg/Barclaycard?

If it was them it may be worth a phone call to see if they can tell you when they received the last payment.
                  I say this for two reasons

It seems many people who initially say a debt is SB later remember some random payment , possibly made when caught out by a phone call or something
                  It is not unknown for £1 fees for CCA requests to be credited to the account , it has happened to me and I had to send a new letter saying this wasn't a payment but a fee
                  I have learnt that now my CCA requests always include the line please find enclosed the cheque/postal order no xxxxxx for the statutory fee

But back to you
                  I would just ignore it for now , if the letters get a bit much you could contact them but why do you want to alert them to the fact they haven't complied with the CCA request or that the debt is close to SB

If you sent the CCA to Egg/BC and not AG , keep the option of writing saying Egg/BC are in default of a S78 request
                  If needs absolutely must send a new S78 to AG

BUT bottom line, for now I would leave it be-let sleeping , or snoozing dogs lie

Comment

Thanks for that Warwick.
                    I can't remember which company Egg passed it to back then but they got no response from me, my wife became ill and was caring for her. definitely no payment. (I had previously worked in the finance industry).
                    I'll leave it be and see what happens. Thanks again.

Comment

Received this letter today from Arrow Global along with my £1.00 postal order attached to it.
                      Arrow chose to send this letter, (along with my £1.00 P/O), to my old address.........even though Wescot had clearly traced me to my new address.
                      Fortunately I still maintain a redirection.

2 questions.

1. Do I respond to the letter?
                      2. Was there a motive behind them sending everything to my old address.
                      Attached Files

Comment

It would appear that your CCA request was to Westcott & not to AG.
                        The Consumer Credit Act requires you to send it to the creditor (an assignee becomes the 'creditor' by virtue of s189 CCA 1974).
                        If it were me I'd resend it to AG, just in case.......
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for that.
                          I'll send one to AG. Should I advise AG of my new address?

Comment

Do Westcot have your address? If so I see no point in telling them again.

Sorry you may have explained where the letters are being sent.

Good to get the cca off.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X