• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

section221 town and country planning act 1962 help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• section221 town and country planning act 1962 help please

You knowledgeable people have helped really well so far so I think I may test you a bit further if I may.

As the title indicates ...a bereaved family member died leaving a widow... they built their house and planning permission was granted with this agricultural tie.... when the house goes up for sale can this tie be removed or does it still stand ?
    Tags: None

Re: section221 town and country planning act 1962 help please

Tie stays on property consult your council on whether it can be removed not easy though

Comment

That's very helpful and very quick response too ... would it be parish council or district council or both ?

Comment

How long ago was the house built? and did they actually adhere to the condition which is now wanted to be lifted?
        This link might prove useful: http://www.planningresource.co.uk/ar...dcp-section-94

I think it is the county council planning dept, but it is helpful to get district and Parish councils on side

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          How long ago was the house built? and did they actually adhere to the condition which is now wanted to be lifted?
          This link might prove useful: http://www.planningresource.co.uk/ar...dcp-section-94

I think it is the county council planning dept, but it is helpful to get district and Parish councils on side
          It was built in 1967 and was used as a potato farm, but due to retirement it hasn't been used for this for many years.

His wife now wants to sell the property as it's run down but I found this caveat on the plans..

Comment

So you need to obtain a Lawful Development Certificate lifting the restriction.
            If you can convince the planners that it has not been honoured for the past 10 years,then the lawful development cert should be issued.

Comment

Thank you didn't think it would be that easy and after this is obtained then it can be sold free of tie I presume ?

Comment

Yes, but it may not be that easy!
                You know what jobsworths are like

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                  Yes, but it may not be that easy!
                  You know what jobsworths are like
                  In the village it's in nothing will surprise me .. and thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X