• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK parking control illegal charge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK parking control illegal charge?

Please can someone help me?*

i have received a county claim form submitted by UKPC Ltd against myself for unpaid parking charge notices for breach of terms and conditions when parking in middlebrook retail park in Horwich, Bolton, relating to a few years ago.*

I have also received the detailed particulars stating that i have parked*Outisde of the designated parking spaces and obstructing a roadway*on four seperate occasions.*

I have read similar threads relating to parking charge notices relating to UKPC and other similar organisations but nothing about having*obstructing a roadway*in particular.*

i understand that they might be saying i parked outside of the designated parking spaces which i still think is really unfair as Middlebrook Retail park has a very large car park, and it is not clearly stated anywhere at all where you can and cannot park?*

However what i really cannot understand is what they mean by having also obstructed a roadway ??*

I am sorry if anything similar to this has already been posted which i have not come across and would really appreciate any help from all you lovely people.*

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: UK parking control illegal charge?

I think it would be helpful if you could post up a scan of what you have received, and in the meantime acknowledge the claim form and indicate you will be defending in full.
    Tagging [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Comment

As [MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION] has stated, you should acknowledge the court claim within 19 days of issue (if via MCOL).
      Defend in full, but don't put any dialogue in the 'defence' box.

How long ago is "a few years ago"?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks guys for your replies. I thought I had already posted this but doesn't look as thought it went up?

anyway, I have looked at the particulars of the claim and have found some interesting information:

1) they have stated my vehicle was parked at 37 The Linkway Horwich Bolton BL6 6JA

2) I was apparently not in a designated bay and obstructing a roadway

However, point 1 is completely incorrect as my vehicle was never ever parked at this location, 37 the linkway, is actually the entire area of the retail park according to maps online, and my vehicle was definitely parked outside of this area.

also, the rules around not being parked in a designated bay and obstructing a roadway should not apply, this is because I have been down to the retail park and none of the signposts state this within their rules of parking ? I have taken pictures of the various signposts they have dotted around as evidence.

I have scanned all the pages of the particulars of claim and also uploaded images from my camera phone to the computer and now trying to upload to this thread,

please can you help in writing a defence based on these points as I feel as though I have some very strong points, surely if they have got the wrong location then they should not be able to pursue me for this claim ??

Please help further

thank you
        Attached Files
        Last edited by yasdee1; 25th August 2017, 12:15:PM.

Comment

1)You have left your registration number visible on the POC. Suggest you delete it.
          2) have you admitted to being the driver as they claim?

Comment

Do they have photo evidence of your vehicle parked outside of the marked bays & in the disabled area without a relevant badge?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

thanks for replies,, hmm didnt notice my reg number being there, thank you des8,,

and no i have not admitted to anything, just that i will be defending in full the claim?

and charitynjw, i have not got any photo evidence showing the way i was parked and/or in the disabled area without a badge, as you can see from what is written in the particulars of the claim, they are suggesting i was parked at 37 the linkway which is across the road from where i was actually parked. this is because 37 the linkway relates to the middlebrook retail park area ONLY and the claim they are making i do not think is relevant because either :

a) my vehicle was never parked around 37 the linkway
              b) the signs are not valid as they do not suggest anything about not parking in a designated bay or blocking a roadway..

However, i now know the area within which my vehicle was ticketed and like i said already this is not included within 37 the linkway, this area has similar signs that do state 'being in a designated bay only' and 'obstructing a roadway'

So in my view i think what has happened is that they have ticketed me in an area close to 37 the linkway, which i think is aspinall way, or even futura park, and then they have used those rules, according to the signs in that area, but have put the wrong address down ?

i need to get a defence together to send to scs, pls can you guys help in putting something together? and i can also ask for photographic evidence etc

thank you so much

Comment

no they have not shown any evidence to say the vehicle was parked in 37 the linkway, outside of the marked bays and/or in disabled area without a relevant badge,

the designated bays are rules that are displayed on similar signs nearby, for example in the futura park area where parking is for business employees only, and of course each business gets given so many spaces for their workers, and then employees are given permits to display in their windscreen, and the rule is have to park withing an employers numbered spaces only.
                of course they check where you are parked against the permit in your windscreen.
                Last edited by yasdee1; 25th August 2017, 12:17:PM.

Comment

Hi

Just looking at your posts now.

It would be an idea for you to edit them so that the driver is not ID'd, not even by implication.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The sign shown merely says "may result in..." so nothing definite.

There is no condition of obstructing a roadway.

Was the the driver, as the POC states, actually admitted and identified? Yes or No only.

Where do the amounts of £130 come from?

Have you got a copy of the original Notice to Keepers?

Comment

Another thing.

Did you take the photo of the site sign recently?
                      It looks too nice & shiny new for a sign (& therefore the alleged 'contract') from 2+ years ago.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                        The sign shown merely says "may result in..." so nothing definite.

There is no condition of obstructing a roadway.

Was the the driver, as the POC states, actually admitted and identified? Yes or No only.

Where do the amounts of £130 come from?

Have you got a copy of the original Notice to Keepers?
                        no, driver was not identified.

and no I do not have the original notice to keepers.

Thank you

Comment

Yes it was tajen recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes taken recently

Comment

and i can also ask for photographic evidence etc
                            Yes.
                            Do so straight away.
                            BPA Code of Practice
                            22.3 If the motorist asks for it, you should make available anyphotographic evidence you have.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                              Yes.
                              Do so straight away.
                              BPA Code of Practice
                              Can you help at all putting some sort of letter together to request this sort of info? I have no experience at all.

Also should I only send it to the person named in letter acting on behalf of scs law?

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X