• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Travel time to yard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel time to yard

I work for a telecoms company which im bases at a yard where i pick up my van and sign on in morning then drive with van to do my work. Now being told that at end of day when i finish my job however long it takes me to get back to yard i have to take that time off my timesheet and is unpaid. Sometimes depending on where they have sent me on the day i can be over an hour away so that would mean i do an hour per night unpaid is this legal. My finishing time is 4pm i used to leave the job at 3 to get to yard at 4 but now to get same wage i have to leave job at 4 get to yard at 5 but still only get paid till 4
    Tags: None

Re: Travel time to yard

What are your contractual hours of work, do they stipulate a start and finish time and if so are they initiated and end from the yard?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Was there not a change in the regulations made recently to stop exactly this sort of situation? If you are travelling you are still at work.

Comment

Start at 8 finishing time can vary as get flex time anything past 4.10 but they now telling me when i travel back to yard from my last job that this is end of day commute time and that i have to give time back to them but to me this is not a commute time its me taking their van back to the yard then i sign off in yard and commute in my own time. They claim im a mobile worker even tho i have a fixed place of work which is the yard.

Comment

Workers who do not have a fixed or habitual place of work, the time spent travelling each day between their homes and the premises of the first and last customers designated by their employer constitutes ‘working time’ within the meaning of the Working Time Directive. However in a recent case Thera East v Valentine it was found that it does not determine whether the worker has to be paid for that time. That will depend upon the terms of the contract.
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

So the exact working hours in your contract are start at 8am finish at 4pm. Hours worked past 4.10pm are part of a flexi-time scheme for which you can accrue time and then take it off by agreement?

What does your contract say your location/place of work is home or the yard?

Comment

Contract im based at yard but mentions if you are a home parker you will be required to give commute time which is fair enough i can understand that but since i drive a 7.5 tonne van which cannot be home parkers i have to park at yard

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X