• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice

Hi all,

Wondering if someone can help me - the driver was parked at MET Parking this evening and forgot to put the permit on display.
    subsequently a PCN was given from MET Parking Services stating "no valid permit" - surely £60 is a little heavy for forgetting to put a permit up (issued by the gym).

Just wondering if there is anyway the driver can get out of paying £60 - they have taken photos too as they are on their website and could see all the photos they took.

Thank you
    Last edited by Jordan12688; 15th August 2017, 10:05:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice

Hi ******12688, welcome to LB.

First off, never ID the driver, not even on forum posts.

Next, have you asked the gym if they will intercede for you?

I'm guessing there was a windscreen Notice to Driver? (PCN).
    If so, keep it safe.
    Have you taken photos of the site signage?
    Is the £60 the reduced amount?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Hi ******12688, welcome to LB.

First off, never ID the driver, not even on forum posts.

Next, have you asked the gym if they will intercede for you?

I'm guessing there was a windscreen Notice to Driver? (PCN).
      If so, keep it safe.
      Have you taken photos of the site signage?
      Is the £60 the reduced amount?

Good morning - thank you for your reply!

the driver spoke to a member of staff at the gym and he said the car park doesn't belong to us it's another company so they have nothing to do with them - he actually advised the driver on the quiet to ignore it (apparently he did the same 6 months ago and nothing came out of it) should I be contacting the manager? After all I only forgot to display my permit so they actually haven't lost any money...

the driver has photos of the signage yes (they took photos of the car and signage too)

The reduced price is £60 then goes up to £100

Thanks
      Last edited by Jordan12688; 15th August 2017, 10:07:AM.

Comment

So edit you posts, as advised, so that the driver is not identified. Get your own copy of the signs and then sit back and way for the Notice to Keeper which should arrive between day 28 and 56

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          So edit you posts, as advised, so that the driver is not identified. Get your own copy of the signs and then sit back and way for the Notice to Keeper which should arrive between day 28 and 56

Thank you for your reply -should the driver not appeal it at all then? The driver checked online at it states MET Parking are a registered company and have access to DVLA. Is that the paper you mean?

Should the driver contact the gym and ask them if they can speak to car parking company?

Thank you
          Last edited by Jordan12688; 15th August 2017, 10:08:AM.

Comment

Usually if the car park is used by customers the gym must have some sort of contract with the parking provider. If the gym issued the permit then they do have a contract and therefore they should be able to cancel. Telling you they can't is basically saying they can't be bothered.

Yes, they have access to the DVLA to get keeper details.

And please check your editing.

Comment

Hi, I have been parking in a space that has a sign that say a private space to ...... this is not university parking yet I am getting tickets every day from the university. Where do I stand for not paying it a private firm in Scotland?

Comment

Could you start your own thread so that the two cases do not get intertwined and end up getting the wrong advice. When you do post up pictures of the signs and the tickets you are receiveing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X