• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells v Pod72

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells v Pod72

Hi I have tried to fill out the form on your advice forum but it will not let me submit it, saying it is to short

So the basics are that I received a court claim from Lowells for a shop direct debt of which i have no recollection of. I swear that any catalogue debts had already been paid of in full, however I can not find any proof of this. I will tomorrow send requests for for CCA and CPR
    This is pariculars of the claim made by lowells
    Defendant entered into consumer credit act with shop direct
    failed to maintian required payments
    Agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 07/06/2013 and notice given to defendant
    Despire request for payments the sum of £426.59 remains outstanding.
    The claim totalling £545.72 was issued on 8th August 2017
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells v Pod72

Remember that in your CPR request you will only be able to ask for the agreement and the , the notice of assignment and I would also ask for the actual deed of assignment as well.

What do you mean the form wont let you fill it in as too short? If it is on LB I believe it is a technical glitch

Have you acknowledged the claim on MCOL - you have 19 days from the date on the claim form to do this but get it done sooner rather than later

I would also send a SAR to shop direct - this will give you more details about the debt and things such as when and if a default notice was sent - useful in a witness statement and defence

Comment

Hi pod72, welcome to LB.

Have you acknowledged the court claim yet?

Edit
      X-posts with [MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION] (Evening, Warwick ).
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Great minds [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]
        Not sure where though!

Comment

Thank you for the advice, yes I acknowledge the claim yesterday online.

What date would i write here ? the claim was issued on 8th August 2017
          To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence onxx/xx/xxxx.

Comment

HI
            Sorry for the late reply

If the claim was issued on 8th August (the date on the claim form) you have 33 days to submit your defence which I make 10th September which I think is a Sunday so you will have until 4pm on 11th to do it. I would however put 10th on your letter just to be super careful.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X