• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

new CCJ added

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new CCJ added

I thought claims came from
    northampton
    They usually do, via MCOL.
    But there are other routes to issuing claims. (& various reasons why those routes are used).
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      They usually do, via MCOL.
      But there are other routes to issuing claims. (& various reasons why those routes are used).
      Ok thanks for your help I will ring tomorrow and find out more....is it a bad thing coming from there?

Comment

is it a bad thing coming from there?
        Lol!
        Is any court claim against you a good thing?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Lol!
          Is any court claim against you a good thing?
          Ok I'll take that lol - what I meant is does it change my defence of not receiving the papers?

Comment

Nope!
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

interesting... it was not lowell it was a company called ACT management - it was for a vet bill that I recently requested was held until I received a full invoice.

The interesting thing with this one is all the letters from this company have been sent to my new address (I have a few copies) but they send the claim form to an old address...sneaky

Comment

I rang them and they seem very difficult to deal with - the key point is I have multiple letters that have been received at this address most recent in April this year. I sent them an email in April confirming receipt of this letter and advising that I would like invoices before I paid the amount due. I next received anything back or any letters until I have received this judgement.

I asked them on the phone to remove the ccj if I pay by the 1st October - they declined
                I advised them I will look to apply to set aside as the claim form was sent to a wrong address - they admitted to me on the call they did a "trace" on me in April due to no contact and it brought up that address.

The thing that concerns me is the electoral roll shows I moved out of that address 2 years ago and has my current address (letters sent here)

I cant understand why they have done this

Comment

That seems to happen far too often.

If you've received letters at your current address from the claimant before the claim ws issued you shouldn't have much issue getting it set aside. Was the original vet's bill at your old address?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have checked my credit report and no trace has happened by that company at all ever so doesnt add up. I can see traces from other companies

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    That seems to happen far too often.

If you've received letters at your current address from the claimant before the claim ws issued you shouldn't have much issue getting it set aside. Was the original vet's bill at your old address?
                    everything is at my current address - I didnt live at the old address when this vet bill was incurred - the vet vill was £4k I paid £3k at the time and there was £800 left from extra treatment which I disputed.

I have a copy of the email to them in April confirming receipt of the letters and asking for a detailed breakdown

Comment

They may have used a tracing company - anything like that on the file?

I sent them an email in April confirming receipt of this letter and advising that I would like invoices before I paid the amount due
                      Can you tell if you sent that email response to their letter before they issued the claim ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        They may have used a tracing company - anything like that on the file?

Can you tell if you sent that email response to their letter before they issued the claim ?
                        There is no evidence of a trace by any company after March this year so I do not think they have done one if im honest.

I emailed them on the 21/04 after receiving a letter from them - I never received anything back and the next i've heard is a CCJ

Comment

What date was the judgment ?

If you just got an email about the credit file update, the judgment would have been at least a month ago, so say 1st July, which means the claim may not have been brought till June, but could be earlier - for best case scenario you need it to have been filed after your email on 21st April. Did the court say at all?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

on my credit file it shows the following date of judgement 09/08/2017

it looks like it was after my email anyway

Comment

can I just fill in the n244 now and apply to get it set aside or would it be worth trying to sort out with them before that?

The guy asked me to email him proposals but said if it cant be paid in 28 days it will just show as satsified - I want it removed

Comment

if paid after 28 days it stays on CRA

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X