• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Paperwork - dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Paperwork - dispute

I have a number of debts dating from around 2008 - 2012.
    I had a child and relationship break up in 2010. I was homeless between 2010 - 2011 and moved to my current address in 2011.
    I am aware there were a couple of debts from before my break up which would not have been settled. However, as it was so long ago, I don't recall who they were with.
    Aside from this, a number of debts also showed up on my credit report ranging from 2008 up to as late as 2013 which most definitely aren't mine. They appear to be catalogues and registered at an address which I've never lived at. One was opened in 2013 - I was at my current address in 2013 - a different address to where this account was opened.
    Today, I have received, what looks like, County Court documents from Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd.
    It says it is for a debt which defaulted in 2012. Ive just checked my credit report and that states the original account was opened in 2008. However, both sources only cite my current address and without knowing what address the account was opened with, I have no idea whether or not it actually belongs to me.
    It says I have 14 days to respond.
    Do I contact Lowell directly and ask for the historic information on this account?
    Or do I just dispute it on this paperwork?
    Note: I have disputed the debts which don't belong to me in the past. Lowell remain insistent they are mine and they still appear on my credit report.
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ Paperwork - dispute

First Steps || Acknowledge a Claim = tick defensdall no contact with lowells at that stage then follow the CCA request and the CPR31.14 to lowells solicitors

read and re-read the above | CCA Request Letter || CPR 31.14 Request Letter

lowells will dispute and state the debts are yours, now is the time to get them to prove their statement using the letters above

Comment

Thank you. I have acknowledged the claim. I made a mistake though and also ticked "intend to dispute court jurisdiction" - does that make a difference?
      I've also completed and printed both letters to send on Monday.
      What date do I file my dispute statement by?

Comment

I did on one it was ignored anyway regarding dispute jurisdiction,

Dispute what that not needed at this stage because you are sending for info, only what is mentioned on the court form nothing else, other stuff if necessary later down the line.

re-read getting started for the way to handle the case ans send Recorded Delivery attach copy of receipts to your file copy of request, no need to talk to lowells at all at this stage only show your weakness to them if you did and they will walk all over you!

Comment

Okay, so I just wait it out and see what happens until filing my defence on 9th September?

Comment

Hi

What is he date in the claim form, once acknowledged you have 33 days from the date on the claim form to submit your defence.

It would help if you could type out the particulars of claim word for word - depending on what they say will depend on what you can ask for in your CPR request.

How much is the claim for? Again this may be important as if over about 10K it could go fast track with costs implications, but also means you could get a no win no fee solicitor

It is probably worth sending a SAR to the original creditor so you can find out what details they hold and if they match up with what the claimants say

Comment

I made a mistake though and also ticked "intend to dispute court jurisdiction"
              You could just email Northampton CCBC & advise them of the mistake.
              Put (Lowell) v (khkh8509), Claim No. (XXXXXXXX) in the email subject box
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X