Thread: Patient Direct, misselling of advertising.

• Display
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Patient Direct, misselling of advertising.

I have joined a long list of small businesses that appear to have been scammed by Patient Direct/ Multimedia International. The price was misquoted, I naively believed he was telling the truth! So it is about three times what I agreed with the Salesman, the adverts are smaller than agreed as much of the screen is taken up with banners and the promised 5 to 10 minute repeat cycle is not correct. They are insisting that their contract allows them to do all these things. They are threatening to sue me for Tort if I post factual warnings about their antics.

The NHS whose surgeries the ads are in are trying to distance themselves from any involvement claiming to receive anything from zero to £150pa to host the ads in a surgery.

I am not a llimited company.
    Any advice or anyone like to contact me to compare experiences I would love to hear from you.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)

Default Re: Patient Direct, misselling of advertising.

Have a search in this forum for the many threads about this lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, I noticed some from 2014, I will look for some newer ones as well.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)

Do you have pictures/ video of the screens displaying the adverts ?
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am going to the surgeries this week to find details of the other advertisers and will take some photos then.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 13th August 2017 at 09:11:AM. Reason: Word change

Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)

Good. You could make a factual post showing the actual advertising received under the terms of the contract.

The surgeries who have hire of the screens have no responsibility for the adverts shown, although they are able to select types of adverts that they do not wish to be shown ( e.g. Gambling etc) I believe they can select which health presentations are shown. I'm not sure if the PD screens integrate with the appointments calling system.

Also not sure if they pay for the screens or if they are simply provided on condition the advertising is displayed ( so screens are in essence sponsored by advertisers via PD)

If you find a forum for practice managers there's a few posts about these screens on there from the NHS perspective.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    Good. You could make a factual post showing the actual advertising received under the terms of the contract.

The surgeries who have hire of the screens have no responsibility for the adverts shown, although they are able to select types of adverts that they do not wish to be shown ( e.g. Gambling etc) I believe they can select which health presentations are shown. I'm not sure if the PD screens integrate with the appointments calling system.

Also not sure if they pay for the screens or if they are simply provided on condition the advertising is displayed ( so screens are in essence sponsored by advertisers via PD)

If you find a forum for practice managers there's a few posts about these screens on there from the NHS perspective.
    The screens run predominantly adverts, medical information was confined to clinic times of operation so Alpert from 5% fee they don't seem to get a great deal out of it although as they do receive an income from them I have suggested to them that they have some responsibility to ensure advertisers get what they pay for and that as health care providers they should not be associated with a company whose behaviour contributes to the ill health through stress of the advertisers.