Thread: Hi I need some help please

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Hi I need some help please

Hi I've been contacted by arrow for a debt I had been paying 20 pounds per month and last week they sent me letter if I could pay more I agreed to pay 40 pounds I sent off the letter last Monday by signed for when they receive the letter. Today I received a letter saying it's been passed to my local county court and they will apply for money to be taken from my wages .I know the court letter may have been sent out before arrow received my offer of 40 pounds
    Please help

VIP Member

Mentions
    5 Post(s)

Default Re: Hi I need some help please

Quote Originally Posted by Decco View Post
    Hi I've been contacted by arrow for a debt I had been paying 20 pounds per month and last week they sent me letter if I could pay more I agreed to pay 40 pounds I sent off the letter last Monday by signed for when they receive the letter. Today I received a letter saying it's been passed to my local county court and they will apply for money to be taken from my wages .I know the court letter may have been sent out before arrow received my offer of 40 pounds
    Please help
    Hi, to clarify have you been paying them for a judgement they won at court?

If you have been paying the judgement then they shouldn't be applying to attach your earnings, as AOE Orders are brought against those whom refuse to pay the courts order as a method of enforcement.

I would defend the AOE application on the basis that you have been paying them, so this application is an abuse of the court system. Additionally complete an income and expenditure form (https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.j.../mc100-eng.pdf) to show the court you have been paying what you can afford if you lose, which may be the £20 you already have been paying.
    My posts on this forum are offered based on my experience dealing with a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training and if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB. If you follow anything I write on this forum you do so at your own risk and I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other out comes.

VIP Member

Mentions
    90 Post(s)

Default Re: Hi I need some help please

Sometimes it can be beneficial to let AoE's go through - depends on how well paid you are. Otherwise it can backfire on the Claimant when they only receive a pittance instead of the fortune they hoped for. AoE's are subject to percentage payments after certain "housekeeping" limits are achieved.