• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global Limited V Hill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global Limited V Hill

Hi,

I am desperately confused, please can you help?

Received a claim? 7th August 2017
    Issue Date: 2nd August 2017
    Amount approx: £3713.01
    Claimant: Arrow Global Limited
    Solicitor: Restons Solicitors
    Original Creditor: Bank of Scotland
    Particulars of Claim: Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers: The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendant under a contract between the defendents and Bank of Scotland dated on or about Feb 11 2005 and assigned to the claimant on Nov 24 2016

Date 08/06/2017 Default Balance £3713.01
    Is the debt Statute Barred? No.
    List any letters you have sent: I originally sent a CCA letter to the Bank of Scotland in September 2008. They sent me back a copy of my application form. The debt was then passed on Moorcroft.
    Any Other Info:
    I got into financial difficulty in 2008 when I separated from my partner and struggled to keep up with my debts. After becoming very depressed I entered into a DMP and payed £1 a month to all my creditors. After paying into this plan for many years the outstanding amounts didnt reduce at all and they continued to hound me by letter and phone. In 2014 I stopped making payments.

Fast forward to now and I have just received the county court claim form. I've read through all the files and am about to send off the CCA letter and CPR letter but I am not sure what to put in the CPR letter as there is no reference to deed of assignment or agreements. If I cant ask for this information how will I be able to defend this claim? This is the first I have heard of this company, I was unaware the debt had been passed on again. Please can you help?

Thank you

Jem
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global Limited V Hill

The POC mentions the contract, which is the credit agreement. It also refers to the assignment and they were obliged to have sent a Notice of Assignment informing you of it being sold on. The Deed of Assignment is a business document between the two firms, rather than personal data of yours.

Comment

Thank you, that is really helpful.

Comment

Hi Jimmer

What is this claim for? (Loan?, credit card?, something else?).
        It may make a difference to how you structure your defence.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi Charity

It was for a Credit Card.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X