• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MCOL Small Claim and DQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MCOL Small Claim and DQ

Getting there thanks [MENTION=104499]jaguarsuk[/MENTION]. How's this?

REPLY TO DEFENSE

1. The Claimant replies to the Defence filed by the Defendant on xxxxxxxxxxxx 2017.

2. Paragraph 1 of the Defence is denied.

a) The application instructions provided by the Defendant were followed by the Claimant. This is evidenced by the successful application of;
    i) a previous order for transfers from the Defendant that I applied to another model following the instructions. A photograph of this model was subsequently displayed on the Defendant's Facebook page and serves as evidence the process was followed correctly.
    ii) a replacement set of transfers received from the Defendant in response to a previous complaint were applied following the same process.
    iii) The Defendant suggested an alternative method of applying the transfer which was tried by the Claimant, but which also failed. This shows the fault was due to the quality of the products supplied.

2: Paragraph 2 of the Defence is denied.
    a) The claim is for reimbursement for the cost of 12 crest transfers that were faulty.
    i)The original order was for ;
    LIST THE ORDER
    ii) The Defendant provided a quotation;
    LIST THE QUOTE .
    This shows the total cost for the order of which 12 crests was £80 and it is this amount that is being claimed.
    iii) The quotation was accepted and the order placed and paid in full in August 2012.
    iv) The additional £12 claimed is for costs incurred for the expense of two recorded delivery letters to try to bring about a resolution.

3. The Defendant has admitted there was an issue with the products supplied in an email received in October 2015.

4. The order was initially partially fulfilled in Jan 2015, general enquiries about progress were made over 5 months and the claims made in paragraph 4 of the Defence are therefore denied.

5. The defendants issue in paragraph 3 about his normal charge is irrelevant. A requirement was provided, a quote was received and the quotation accepted and paid for in full.

6. The original basis for the repeat order was that they would be of the same quality as the transfers the claimant had previously acquired and applied from the Defendant. For this reason alone, the claimant did not initially test the new order and at no time did the defendant make the claimant aware that different materials had been used during the production process.

7. The transfers were kept in their original delivery box, in their original sealed plastic bag and in a stable temperature out of any sunlight in line with the defendant’s storage instructions. For this reason, the defendant’s claims in his final paragraph are denied.

8. The claimant provided extensive evidence to the Defendant by email, and following discussion, returned the product to the Defendant for testing in 11th November 2015.

9. Partial replacements were received from the Defendant in June 2016.

10. It is the Claimants case that the defendant is in beach of the Consumers Rights Act 2015 and also the Sale of Goods Act as it is now three years since the order was placed and the goods provided are not of a satisfactory quality.

11. I respectfully request that the defence be struck out and judgment awarded to the Claimant.

12. I also respectfully request that costs of and occasioned in the dealing of this matter be awarded to me as the Claimant.

STATEMENT OF TRUTH

I, xxxxxxxxx believe that the facts stated in this reply to Defence are true

Signed ………………………………………………………….. Date …………………………
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by IronRoad View Post
      Thanks for this. I agree that four pages of txt probably wouldn't be read in detail. The why's and wherefore tell the whole story which as you say is probably better for later so your revised edition keeping it to one page with short sentences wil have more effect.
      DO people normally send these to both the court and defendant by recorded delivery just to make sure it arrives?
      It is advised to use recorded delivery yes, and yes copies should go to the court AND the claimant each with the copies of the N180 directions questionnaire.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I'd say [MENTION=105232]IronRoad[/MENTION] that's the one to use from [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Good luck
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks to you both. Couldn't have made it this far without your knowledge. Regards

Comment

So interesting follow up question. What classes as 'served' in the sense that the DQ and reply has been sent by guaranteed next day delivery with signature to both the court and the defendant. The court signs for theirs and status is delivered so job done on that one Howevere Royal Mail has tried to deliver the defendsnt's but couldn't so have left a 'while you were out' card with instructions on what the addressee should do. Does that class as 'served'?

Comment

Originally posted by IronRoad View Post
              So interesting follow up question. What classes as 'served' in the sense that the DQ and reply has been sent by guaranteed next day delivery with signature to both the court and the defendant. The court signs for theirs and status is delivered so job done on that one Howevere Royal Mail has tried to deliver the defendsnt's but couldn't so have left a 'while you were out' card with instructions on what the addressee should do. Does that class as 'served'?
              You're not under obligation to show it was received, just that you sent them. If you had posted first class and got a proof of posting it would be assumed that 5 days after the proof of posting date the other party had been served.

When I send documents I usually try to put them in something that looks like a parcel if I want a signature for proof of delivery, that way the postie puts "parcel" on the slip not "letter." The other party might expect you to send recorded letter, so avoid collecting it if delivery fails. They won't expect a parcel and who doesn't collect a parcel when they receive one to see what's been sent to them?
              COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X