• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

"Can't Pay we'll take it away"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Can't Pay we'll take it away"

This TV series seems to confer almost unlimited powers to the HCEA people, perhaps some comments here on the actual powes could be helpful.

Especially the difference between commercial debtors and "residential" ones.
    Tags: None

Re: "Can't Pay we'll take it away"

Originally posted by Spirit200 View Post
    This TV series seems to confer almost unlimited powers to the HCEA people, perhaps some comments here on the actual powes could be helpful.

Would this help?
    http://bailiffadviceonline.co.uk/ind.../gaining-entry
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Take anything from that program with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
        Take anything from that program with a pinch of salt.
        And they will pinch the pepper as well.

Comment

Would love to see the jobs the don't broadcast

Comment

Remember this is reality TV at its worst- they of course only show the 'good' results where the debtor pays or where the nice bailiff helps out the poor debtor.

I mean if you were the bailiff, how would you behave if there was a TV camera and if you were the Bailiff company, who would you let the TV crew film- the man who gets the most money on by hook or by crook or the 'nice' man

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
              Remember this is reality TV at its worst- they of course only show the 'good' results where the debtor pays or where the nice bailiff helps out the poor debtor.

I mean if you were the bailiff, how would you behave if there was a TV camera and if you were the Bailiff company, who would you let the TV crew film- the man who gets the most money on by hook or by crook or the 'nice' man
              I must confess that I regard the show almost as a comedy but some people do regard it as almost truthfull.

Comment

I must confess that I regard the show almost as a comedy but some people do regard it as almost truthfull.
                I think it is 'truthful' in as far as it goes

What it doesn't show is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth - its all about framing - how it is presented

Comment

The issue is that the HCEOs openly bend and break the rules with no apparent comeback on them.

Comment

First of all, you don't have to let those guys in. Without exception, people do in this programme.

I assume that if someone doesn't let them in, that bit just gets edited out.

As a media graduate, I can tell that things are often not what they seem. I remember a programme where you were asked to say 'stop' when you wanted a prize wheel to stop. In reality, it didn't matter when you shouted stop as the prized had been predetermined anyway.

Another example was a local BBC radio programme where contestants names 'were placed in a hat' to.pick up a winner. Needless to say, there was no hat. They just picked someone up, often the one they liked the most!
                    Last edited by Mr $quandaŁot; 31st August 2017, 16:09:PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr $quandaŁot;748511]First of all, you don't have to let those guys in. Without exception, people do in this programme.

I assume that if someone doesn't let them in, that bit just gets edited out.

As a media graduate, I can tell that things are often not what they seem. I remember a programme where you were asked to say 'stop' when you wanted a prize wheel to stop. In reality, it didn't matter when you shouted stop as the prized had been predetermined anyway.

Another example was a local BBC radio programme where contestants names 'were placed in a hat' to.pick up a winner. Needless to say, there was no hat. They just picked someone up, often the one they liked the most![/QUOTE

One thing does surprise me, the atitude of the Police as shown in the program, they always are portrayed as sympathising with the HCEO. Is this true or just in the show?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X