• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice - Transfer of liability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice - Transfer of liability

Hi,

I received several Notice To Keeper PCNs from Link Parking which I responsed to providing the name and address of the driver so is currently residing in Albania but was living here at the time.

I have received correspondence from Link Parking saying that the address is 'not serviceable and they cannot use it'. They actually did not ask a question just made that statement and for the purposes of clarity I replied to then via email explain that there is no reason that it should not be serviceable and that I discharged by duties under POFA as such it should be the end of the matter.

They replied again asking for the drivers license, insurance etc i again replied informing that I have already obliged with POFA and informed that the address is a) where the driver is currently residing and B) where the driver can be conveniently contacted. As stated in s2 of POFA.

I can received a reply informing me that they are holding the keeper liable i.e myself because they believe the information is incorrect.

I am not sure what else to say to them. Can someone please advise!! Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice - Transfer of liability

If you can provide proof that this person exists and was in the country at the time of this alleged infringement they should believe you as far as they can see at the moment they may not exist if this is so a judge may have to decide if it goes to a CCJ

Comment

Refer them to the Hague Service Convention.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hague_Service_Convention

Albania 1 November 2006 1 July 2007
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        If you can provide proof that this person exists and was in the country at the time of this alleged infringement they should believe you as far as they can see at the moment they may not exist if this is so a judge may have to decide if it goes to a CCJ

I have no way of proving it other than he was a builder and I believe he had some sort of tradesman insurance. I also think it is fairly likely that he'll be back in the UK in the near future.

I think he also done some handy work at my dad's restaurant. He may have a receipt but I don't know if it will have his name on it. If it does will that be okay?

If not, can I ask to just pay £50 and finish it, this court stuff really gives me anxiety, I'd rather pay a little and finish it.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Refer them to the Hague Service Convention.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hague_Service_Convention

Albania 1 November 2006 1 July 2007
          Thank you for this. I will try it.

I don't think they have made any attempts to contact the driver either.

I also believe in light of POFA where it states the keeper should provide a) the current address where the driver is residing b) or where they can be conveniently contacted. I have done obliged.

Can i argue that it would be a breach of both the 1st principle of the Data Protection Act (data shall be obtained for one or more lawful purposes) and principle 3 (data shall be accurate relevant and not excessive). In light of the fact that POFA only requires the name and address? Attempting to obtain anything else would be excessive and unlawful?

And shall I warn them about referring them to the Information Commissioner?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X