• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excess Mileage on Voluntary Termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excess Mileage on Voluntary Termination

In March 2017 on the instructions of a local BMW dealership I voluntary terminated my agreement and purchased a new car from them. The dealership told me that because I had a negative equity of £2,000 this was the best way to do the deal. Approximately 2 months later I received a letter from BMW requesting just over £700.00 for excess mileage. I wrote to BMW using your template letter but received letters back telling me that under the consumer credit act I still had to pay the requested amount. I did use the argument that had I not done what the dealership had advised me to do I may have taken a different route or not even have purchased another BMW but to no avail! I also asked if the amount could be reduced, but again was told this does not happen. I did ask if I could pay the amount monthly and was told yes, but this was a much larger amount than I offered. I offered £50.00 per month but BMW would not entertain anything less than £100.00 per month. They also told me that there would be no other correspondence made with regards to this payment and I needed to pay within 2 weeks. I have now received another letter letting me know that if I don't pay the full amount within 14 days my total liability will increase, meaning I will have to pay more and that they may pass my details to an instructed 3rd party which may result in further costs and interest being applied to my total liability.

Many thanks in anticipation of any help I can be given on this situation as I am unsure as to what to do now.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X