• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccjs secured on property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccjs secured on property

Hi i have 5 ccj secured on my property. I want to sell property and clear debt can i.call and see if they will give me a settle ment figure.
    Do i contact court or the
    Tags: None

Re: Ccjs secured on property

Originally posted by Jo1970 View Post
    i have 5 ccj secured on my property. I want to sell property and clear debt can i.call and see if they will give me a settle ment figure.
    Is this property in your sole name or joint names?

Are you only wanting to sell the property to clear your debts or are/were you planning to sell it anyway?

Di

Comment

Hi i have 5 ccj secured on my property. I want to sell property and clear debt can i.call and see if they will give me a settle ment figure.
      Do i contact court or the

I am selling as will never be able to pay mortgage and securedloan

Comment

I am selling as will never be able to pay mortgage and securedloan
        Who is the mortgage with and do you have any arrears or threat of legal (possession) proceedings?

Likewise the secured loan.

Is the mortgage a repayment mortgage or an interest only mortgage? Is changing it to interest only for a while (to reduce the monthly payments) feasible or sensible?

Are you 'in work' or in receipt of any benefits which may mean you could be entitled to help with the interest on the mortgage being paid by the DWP (depending on lots of things).

I'm sure you've done your research but if you're considering entering into settlement negotiations with the five judgment creditors that suggests there may be some equity in the property and you want to sensibly part with as little of it as possible.

Or are you worried that there would be a shortfall after the sale and the creditors would chase you forever and a day for the balance?

Your solicitor would have to pay anyone who has a charge on the property before releasing any funds left from the sale to you (if there is a surplus). They would be paid in chronological order i.e. the first to place a charge (mortgage lender presumably) followed by the others in date order.

Di

Comment

In addition to Di's questions - how much equity will there be after the mortgage and secured loan are paid? And how much are these 5 charges for?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X