• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UBER Rip Off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UBER Rip Off

The journey from Birmingham airport usually costs about £18-£20 . It was even that on Boxing day 2016.

last night we landed near midnight and used Uber- the quote I accepted was £18-20 but when the charge came through it was £25 . Clearly the taxi driver had his sat nav set up for the longest journey as instead of straight up the A45 we went M42 , M6, A47, then picked up the ring road. We had a magical mystery tour of parts of Birmingham

So I complained to be told tough it is within out range - it was not in the range of the quote

Question is, for £25 can I put a complaint into the credit card company?

I would have happily paid the £20 but now we will go back to our regular taxi firm and stuff uber

I wanted to share the bad service with anyone who cares to read it.

Incidentally i did another enquiry as soon as we got in and it was quoting £15-£18

Moral of the story, never use Uber
    Tags: None

Re: UBER Rip Off

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
    The journey from Birmingham airport usually costs about £18-£20 . It was even that on Boxing day 2016.

last night we landed near midnight and used Uber- the quote I accepted was £18-20 but when the charge came through it was £25 . Clearly the taxi driver had his sat nav set up for the longest journey as instead of straight up the A45 we went M42 , M6, A47, then picked up the ring road. We had a magical mystery tour of parts of Birmingham

So I complained to be told tough it is within out range - it was not in the range of the quote

Question is, for £25 can I put a complaint into the credit card company?

I would have happily paid the £20 but now we will go back to our regular taxi firm and stuff uber

I wanted to share the bad service with anyone who cares to read it.

Incidentally i did another enquiry as soon as we got in and it was quoting £15-£18

Moral of the story, never use Uber
    Short answer : No

S75 CCA applies to transactions over £100
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Re: UBER Rip Off

Well just to put the record straight , after sending screen shots of the price quoted from here to the airport and back again, Uber have given me a partial refund which is good, They are back in my good books

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X