• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urgent advice needed

Many thanks Mike very much appreciated i do not know how to proceed.

Comment

await response as I have requested peeps to look in for you and advise you

CCA Request Letter

Comment

If you want to start trying to sort this out yourself without a IVA or Bankruptcy your first step is to get CCA requests sent off as Debt Camel said. She linked the Nat Debtline letter or there's this one CCA Request Letter

If they can't comply then they may well be open to a far more generous discount to get rid of it once and for all, possibly nearer the 10% so you can offer pro-rata across the board.

So send the CCA letters first, give it a couple weeks then you can start making your 10% offers where necessary.

Are you planning on stopping the Payplan DMP ?

It sounds like you want to get things sorted - you've been in the DMP for a long time and possibly not to much benefit for yourself - you're not too worried about consequences and have no assets to make bankruptcy worth anyones while ?? sending the CCA letters might bump some into action, possibly making court claims. Are you worried about damage to your credit file ? ( only if a company took you to court and obtained a CCJ would it affect your credit file )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I could not cope with court proceedings as i have been in poor health and only just starting to feel a little better.

Comment

I have been making my monthly payments to Payplan. If i stop i do not want all these debt collectors bombarding me with threatening letters.

Comment

follow advice as per above send the CCA1974 request with £1.00 postal order, send recorded delivery to each company who owns the alledged debt,
              keep copy of request on a separate file for each request and attach copy of recorded delivery signed for and receipt by post office on sending off, a lot of these so called debts are unenforceable I bet, for your information once they received the request they cannot enforce even if they wanted to unless they supply the said CCA1974

Comment

Just a quick question 3 of the debts are with Cabot,
                Do i send a CCA1974 for each debt or does one request cover all 3 accounts?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 73061 View Post
                  I have been making my monthly payments to Payplan. If i stop i do not want all these debt collectors bombarding me with threatening letters.

debt collectors are just that they hope you pay up, unless they own any alledged debt they cannot enforce in courts, at this stage stop worrying as if that ever happened then we would tackle say other means without any court appearance no doubt but all is up to you, to follow the strategy from the people on here,,,, be honest you have been taken advantage of by a lot of these cretins who are snaked in clothing you have been told that the bought debts then 10P in the pound is all they paid and from their yachts etc they clasp their hands saying another mug! you get the idea how debts work?

Comment

each separate debt as different account numbers?

Comment

Yes different account numbers.

Comment

You're currently paying about £120 a month out to your payplan DMP ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

then different accounts need a separate request

Comment

Yes i pay £120.01 per month. I have been with Payplan for 12 years and i have never ever missed a payment.

- - - Updated - - -

Many thanks Mike your help is very much appreciated.

Comment

Okay, just you sound quite conflicted, on one hand you feel like you want to sort the debts out and get them cleared - possibly due to your recent hospital stay and thinking about your mortality..... but on the other you don't want any hassle, don't feel up to dealing with letters/court claims etc, don't want bankruptcy / IVA etc .... so is not having the hassle worth £120 a month to you? as that is basically what it comes down to.

You'll be able to make full and final offers periodically as you have the finances to do so, after 12 years of small payments you might be able to get away with 10-20% of the debt, each one you clear means the others get paid off quicker but Payplan wouldn't agree to doing anything other than a prorata offer to all the creditors so far as I am aware ( [MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION]; ) and if amounts change to pay any of the others, they re likely to sniff settlement on the cards and start up pressure again.... so risking the DMP. To get the debts sorted out once and for all you are going to have to go through some hassle, possibly court action ( doesn't mean attending just dealing with paperwork really )... but you could probably get everything resolved and sorted one way or the other within a year. If a creditor did go to court then the court would only order affordable payments, based on your income and expenditure and taking into account other debts, but it would bugger up the credit file.

SO basically it's stay as you are, till you're 103 .... or take some action and sort things out dealing with the hassle as you go.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

All my debts are from 2005 if they cannot supply CCA1974 where do i stand with these debts ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X