• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Question about creditor refusing default notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about creditor refusing default notice

Originally posted by Spellkaster View Post
    I have made Drydens aware yesterday that I am unable to work and have ongoing mental health problems.

I'm hopefully they will now back off.

I understand from the Credit Services Association, whom Drydens is a member of, that if a creditor is made aware of someone having mental health problems, they need to back off and not take any legal action to recover the debt.

I have offered them a copy of my doctor report to show proof if they need it, and a copy of my benefit letter showing my income is only £110 per week esa.

As they have not provided any valid documentation to prove the debt exists, I am hopeful they will now drop this matter.
    I hope they do too.

Read this on @Debt Camel 's website which may help you to see a way forward >

https://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-mental-health/

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      I hope they do too.

Read this on @Debt Camel 's website which may help you to see a way forward >

https://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-mental-health/

Di
      Thank you it made interesting reading.

I was diagnosed with a mental health condition in 2008 called a paranoid personality disorder and am still receiving treatment for this condition.

I'm hoping to get a good reply back from Drydens next week to stop commencing any activity and to then ask about writing the debt off.

If the refuse to do so, then I will complain to the Credit Services Association, but I'll wait for their response first.

Comment

I have read and been involved with some of your other threads. I know there are codes of conduct which they should follow but may I make a suggestion. The more you poke and prod them the more they reply and the more distress you feel. Also, maybe along the way it may land on the desk of someone not versed in their duties causing you more problems. I am only too aware of the need to respond to every letter at once and pick up every perceived error. It can take over your life if you let it. Of course saying and doing are very different things.

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
          I have read and been involved with some of your other threads. I know there are codes of conduct which they should follow but may I make a suggestion. The more you poke and prod them the more they reply and the more distress you feel. Also, maybe along the way it may land on the desk of someone not versed in their duties causing you more problems. I am only too aware of the need to respond to every letter at once and pick up every perceived error. It can take over your life if you let it. Of course saying and doing are very different things.
          Thanks warwick.

I'll et you know if and when I get a reply.

Comment

Just another quick question though; is it worth doing an SAR to MBNA!?

Comment

Just another quick question though; is it worth doing an SAR to MBNA!?
              Yes, but since you're on a tight budget and the SAR requires a £10 fee, I would wait to see if you can get this debt written off or at least put on indefinitely hold first.

If legal proceedings were to be issued then the SAR would be a wise investment but at the moment your 'conversation' with Drydens hasn't reached a final conclusion.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                Yes, but since you're on a tight budget and the SAR requires a £10 fee, I would wait to see if you can get this debt written off or at least put on indefinitely hold first.

If legal proceedings were to be issued then the SAR would be a wise investment but at the moment your 'conversation' with Drydens hasn't reached a final conclusion.

Di
                Okies, I'll wait and see if Drydens respondto my email on friday.

Will let you know what their next move is.

Thank you.

Comment

Okay what outcome are you after? To be able to pay off the debt over time or just get them to stop bugging you ?

Seems like a very reasonable outcome.

Comment

Thank you it made interesting reading.

I was diagnosed with a mental health condition in 2008 called a paranoid personality disorder and am still receiving treatment for this condition.

I'm hoping to get a good reply back from Drydens next week to stop commencing any activity and to then ask about writing the debt off.

If the refuse to do so, then I will complain to the Credit Services Association, but I'll wait for their response first.
                    As an outsider, I think a very reasonable response

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit200 View Post
                      As an outsider, I think a very reasonable response
                      Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X