• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Co-incidence or fate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-incidence or fate?

When I was a kiddy, my dearly departed Daddy would always walk me past the Mount Pleasant Post Office and joke "That's you when you're grown up my girl, Postwoman Patsy!"

I always wanted to be a postlady, seems silly I know but I think Da sewed the seeds a little too well!

As you know, I am having issues with working where I am, I am putting on weight left right and centre and I hate every second of every day.

Last night me and Hubs had a heart to heart and he said "Maybe it's time for a change of direction, you can do anything you want to do love!"

When he had gone to bed, I went in to the garden for a sneaky smoke and looked up to the Heavens and said "Dad, if ever I needed a sign that something good was gonna happen it's now!"

Got up today not even wanting to step foot out the door and thought I would check my emails for an update on my cover picture and got an email saying:

Dear Callie,

Thanks for you recent application to Royal Mail, here are the job details please click to continue the application.

Yours

Mr Postman

Now, my beagley friends, you know I don't fall for that crap. I went to the RM website, typed in the job reference number and lo and behold.. there was my application... you know... then one i DIDN'T apply for!!!!

it's perfect for me!! I am so hyper and the interview is 15th August

Now, is that fate, or a co-incidence??

I'm blaming the big Irishman in the sky!!
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)
    Tags: None

Re: Co-incidence or fate?

Perhaps your husband has more involvement than you know?

Who started the "heart to heart" chat?

Comment

Ahhh that is great and def a sign.... I applied once for RM and it was an insane application with aptitude tests and all sorts... then an essay on why you wanted to work for RM etc ... a real pain lol ... I didn't get an interview ( probably a good thing really) What job is it - more call centre stuff or being ms post woman patsy lol ?

Also ... low carb xxxxxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR986 View Post
        Perhaps your husband has more involvement than you know?

Who started the "heart to heart" chat?
        Would you believe, me??

He denies all knowledge!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Ahhh that is great and def a sign.... I applied once for RM and it was an insane application with aptitude tests and all sorts... then an essay on why you wanted to work for RM etc ... a real pain lol ... I didn't get an interview ( probably a good thing really) What job is it - more call centre stuff or being ms post woman patsy lol ?

Also ... low carb xxxxxx
        It's being actual postwoman Patsy!!

I did the application and the tests ( no idea waiting on the results) and I am actually looking forward to the the daily workout!

Who needs a gym membership??
        PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Excellent ! It will suit you xxx Good Luck ! Xxxxxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

scary thing is, 5 mins later I got a Reed notification that Gala Bingo were recruiting too and my Grandma always joked I would be a lovely bingo caller!!

Comment

Hi [MENTION=99495]slainte caragh[/MENTION]

Saw this, thought of you!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

As saying "everything happen for reason." So, good luck to your interview.

Comment

Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
                  When I was a kiddy, my dearly departed Daddy would always walk me past the Mount Pleasant Post Office and joke "That's you when you're grown up my girl, Postwoman Patsy!"

I always wanted to be a postlady, seems silly I know but I think Da sewed the seeds a little too well!

As you know, I am having issues with working where I am, I am putting on weight left right and centre and I hate every second of every day.

Last night me and Hubs had a heart to heart and he said "Maybe it's time for a change of direction, you can do anything you want to do love!"

When he had gone to bed, I went in to the garden for a sneaky smoke and looked up to the Heavens and said "Dad, if ever I needed a sign that something good was gonna happen it's now!"

Got up today not even wanting to step foot out the door and thought I would check my emails for an update on my cover picture and got an email saying:

Dear Callie,

Thanks for you recent application to Royal Mail, here are the job details please click to continue the application.

Yours

Mr Postman

Now, my beagley friends, you know I don't fall for that crap. I went to the RM website, typed in the job reference number and lo and behold.. there was my application... you know... then one i DIDN'T apply for!!!!

it's perfect for me!! I am so hyper and the interview is 15th August

Now, is that fate, or a co-incidence??

I'm blaming the big Irishman in the sky!!

Uplifting to see a positive comment in a sea of gloom

Comment

I didn't get the job but I think I scared the company.. I have an appointment with Occ Health!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X