• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Merligen Investments v Fredriko

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merligen Investments v Fredriko

Imho

#7 ok to leave in.

I'd change #12 to

12. I have asked the Claimant if we may agree to extend the time period allowed for filing of my defence pending receipt of documents (as allowed under CPR 15.5), however they have failed to respond to the invitation.

Your defence ought to be filed at court latest 4pm Tues 29th.
    You can email it or send via MCOL.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Have you SAR'd Morses?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Claim responses & directions:
        ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Have you SAR'd Morses?
          I haven't is this to late to do now?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
            Claim responses & directions:
            ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
            Thanks for the email, unfortunately I have lost my gateway ID as my computer broke and I have lost all my files that was saved on there

Is there a specific way to send my defence via email ?

thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Fredriko View Post
              I haven't is this to late to do now?
              No, not too late.

Thanks for the email, unfortunately I have lost my gateway ID as my computer broke and I have lost all my files that was saved on there

thanks for your help
              Send the defence as an attachment complete with a signed statement of truth at the bottom & appropriate header at the top.
              Example - http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...-court-claims/

In email subject box, put [Merlingen's full name] v [Fredriko]: Court claim no. [XXXXXXXX] - Defence
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

thanks for your help

alternative to MCOL used as a last resort! get it in

Comment

Defence has been sent via email, Thanks for your help

Comment

Hello

Just an update..

Recieved a letter today from Moriarty law acknowledging receipt of my defence and confirming there client is continuing with the claim.

I am just a bit confused as they haven't complied with any of my document requests, is this normal?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Yep. Sometimes they will wait until they exchange witness statement to provide documents ( other times they'll bail out at that point )

Your next step will be the Directions Questionnaire ( the court should send you one to complete and return soon )
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The directions questionnaire has arrived today, any pointers to filling this out?
                        I also note that i need to send a copy of this to the claimant.

Thanks

Edit: Do i need to include a letter when sending to the claimant? Also do i sent it to the claimants solicitors?
                        Last edited by Fredriko; 25th September 2017, 22:28:PM.

Comment

You'd send it to the solicitors ( the address for documents listed on the claim form ) and no need to include a letter but generally polite to include a cover note stating your claim ref and what the document is.

It's pretty straightforward form really. Normally yes to mediation, your local court and ok to small claims track. Shout though if there are any specific bits you're not sure on.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            You'd send it to the solicitors ( the address for documents listed on the claim form ) and no need to include a letter but generally polite to include a cover note stating your claim ref and what the document is.

It's pretty straightforward form really. Normally yes to mediation, your local court and ok to small claims track. Shout though if there are any specific bits you're not sure on.
                            Ok thanks very much for your help ill get it sent recorded to both the court and solicitors.

Comment

Just a quick update to keep track of were things are at, had a call from the court to set a date for mediation which wont be going ahead due to not receiving any requested documents. The lady on the phone advised me to get in contact with moriarty to find out if they can supply the documents.

Comment

Hello, an update on were the case is at -

The hearing date has been set for the 8th of February, The claimant must pay 25.00 by the 11th of January or the claim will be struck out.

I have still not received any documents from the claimant and need to start thinking about my witness statement.
                                I have no idea if i have any chance of winning this and i am a bit nervous about attending court as i have never been through this before.

Any advice on the witness statement would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X