• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**CANCELLED!!** Highview Parking ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **CANCELLED!!** Highview Parking ticket

Hi there.

Ive had fantastic help & advice from you guys in the past & I'm looking for some more please.

I have received a charge notice from Highview Parking. When the driver parked the car it was late at night & they didn't see any signs to tell them there would be a fine for parking there.

I have downloaded an appeal letter from your site provided by Parking Cowboys & Pepipoo but wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing? I also wanted to check if I should be sending this by good old fashioned post or if I can do it by email?

I have attached a picture of the letter

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Orangebanana; 2nd August 2017, 06:38:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Highview Parking ticket

Hi Orangebanana, welcome to LB.

First & foremost, never ID the driver, not even in forum posts.
    Best that you edit your post....something like
    I have received a charge notice from Highview Parking. When the driver parked the car it was late at night & the driver didn't see any signs informing that there would be a fine for parking there.
    I'm guessing that this is via ANPR (No windscreen ticket?).
    If so the Notice to Keeper is not compliant with s9 Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4.
    The NtK must be served (received by you) within 14 days of the parking event. ((09/07/2017).
    It is dated 24/07/2017 (Monday).
    2 days (deemed) for post, so deemed service would be 26/07/2017 earliest.
    That is 17 days.
    (4)
    The notice must be given by—
    (a)
    handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or

(b)
    sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.

(5)
    The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended.

(6)

A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered (and so “given” for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4)) on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales.
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

Make a 'representation' to the parking co (see NtK) as the registered keeper, stating that you reject the Notice to Keeper as it is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 s9.
    Do not ID the driver.
    If they have a brain cell between them they will quash it.
    If they turn you down they must send you a unique code number for a POPLA appeal.
    You can then send a more detailed defence to POPLA.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi there

Thank you for your quick reply & advice.

Should I send this by mail or email?

Comment

The reverse side of the NtK should give the options.

If you do so via one of those website electronic reply forms (**spit**) keep a copy (screenprint or similar) & email it to yourself as proof of sending.
        As always, do not ID who was driving.....respond as 'registered keeper'.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The only option on the other side is to appeal the charge. I'm sure I'm read not to do that? I should make a representation like you've said. So should I do it by post instead?

Here's a pic
          Attached Files

Comment

If it were me I'd do so by post, with proof of postage & a copy for the evidence file.
            I really don't like those on-line forms.....usually there is no way of proving that you have completed one, or what the submitted content was.
            Choice is yours, though.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi there!

I just wanted to say thank you so much for your help.

I had this letter as a reply & the notice has been withdrawn.

Thank you again
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice one, Orangebanana.

I'll give our [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] a nudge, see if she will update your thread title.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X