• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Redundancy Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redundancy Help

Hi, The Company I work for has just been merged with another Company. The New Company already has someone in a similar role to me, with several people below. I've been advised that there is no need for 2 people in my role and have been offered to take a position with the people below, but this would be a different role to mine and on less pay. I asked what the alternatives would be and the Company advised it will go through a redundancy procedure, where the job offer will be offered officially along with VR options. Can they make one of us redundant?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Redundancy Help

If the new company believes that they require fewer employees to carry out existing work then this is a redundancy situation and they have to commence with a redundancy process. In this case they have determined that the role you and other person carries out can be done by one person and therefore both of you are affected and the redundancy process needs to be applied equally.

There are clearly defined stages of a redundancy process including consultation, selection criteria used to assess staff within the "at risk pool" namely you and the other person, offer of any suitable alternative employment should be made during the consultation process and then finally when the decision has been made there are processes set out as to how this meeting should be handled.

If unfortunately the new company does commence a redundancy process then we are here if you have any questions regarding the process they are following.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Re: Redundancy Help

Thanks Ula

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X