• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Penalty Notice from Car Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Penalty Notice from Car Park

Hi Everyone,

I was referred here by a friend. Have done some reading on here and Parking Prankster.

What is the best way of handling?

Here's a parking eye notice. Hope this is ok picture wise.

Thanks very much for any help and advice you can offer on how to proceed please.

J

Edited thanks to mystery and ostell
    Attached Files
    Last edited by da_mill; 30th April 2017, 12:20:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye Penalty Notice from Car Park

Is that it ? Nothing between the photos and payment information section ?

Should look similar to this ?

M1

Comment

Did the other side of the notice mention anything about the Protection of Freedom Act (POFA)? When was the alleged contravention and when did you receive the notice? If there was no notice on the windscreen then it has to be received within 14 days tobe able to hold the keeper liable.

It looks like a PE non POFA compliant one so that they can't make the keeper liable, the driver retains the liability and so if they don't know who the driver was then they are up the creek without a paddle. So edit your first post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.

Comment

Thank you both.

Yes - no info at all like in the one Mystery posted.

A worry for me is i am abroad - if it went to court I would be penalised for not turning up, Correct?

regarding the back - i will find out - i believe it was within 14 days however yes.

How should I proceed based on what you see and assuming it was received in 14 days.

Comment

Yes - no info at all like in the one Mystery posted.
          Good for you but very unusual. If they have screwed up keeper liability as it would seem http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ket-on-vehicle

A worry for me is i am abroad - if it went to court I would be penalised for not turning up, Correct?
          If we are still in time to appeal, this should not get anywhere near a court.

You can, if it does go to court, request a hearing on written submissions without penalty. (common sense would tell you that this hinders your chances though)

M1

Comment

Yes, few days left to appeal I believe.

Read and noted regarding link ^

Thank you

Comment

Must ask. Are you permanently abroad ie domiciled or just a very temporary stay. Thinking about jurisdiction of English court.

Comment

I have a 2 year working holiday visa for new zealand (have been in NZ about 1 year and 3 months.) - i will be applying for residency in the future.

Have requested a copy of the back of the notice as per your request regarding POFA.

Thank you again, I hope you had an awesome Sunday.

Comment

So even if it got to court then you are out of the jurisdiction of the court,

I would think email PE and give them your new address. Also point out that they have failed to comply with the requirements of POFA to hold you liable, go chase the driver.

A combination of those 2 should make them realise they are wasting money chasing it.

Comment

Thank you Ostell.

No notice of POFA on the back of the form.

I will follow your instructions.

Just to confirm - email them - rather than go to 'appeal' section on the PE website? (where they send you to pay the fine there is an appeal section).

Comment

Add it to the appeal.

Further i would like to bring to your attention my current address xxxxx which is where i have stayed for x months and would like communications sent to.

M1

Comment

Understood, thank you.

Comment

Hi, Sorry to be a bore - here is the notice I was going to forward to parking eye. I know the wordage used is important in these matters so just wanted to check it was ok to send and I hadn't messed up anywhere.

"Dear Parking Eye,

Please find my appeal of parking notice xxxx dated xxx.

You have failed to comply with the requirements of POFA. Please contact the driver.

Further I would like to bring to your attention my current address xxxxx. I have stayed here for 17 months. I would like all communications sent to this address.

Regards."

Thanks again.

Comment

Dear Parking Eye,

Re: parking notice xxxx dated xxx.

My address for future communications is xxxxx.

You have failed to comply with the requirements of POFA to be able hold me, the keeper liable. Please contact the driver.

I do not expect to hear from you again.

Lets not be too polite to them.

Comment

As long as you convey the correct message that you want to achieve and don't identify the driver it's all good. Looks fine to me.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X