• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court claim letter parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court claim letter parking fine

Hi, I'm a first-time poster and I've received a claim form that states for me to pay a fine of around £239 from Northampton County Court Business Centre over an unpaid parking fine from Parking Control Management (PCM).

I have read online and have realised that I should not have ignored this and have already submitted my acknowledgement form. I have read this link already which is very similar to my case but I would like to add a few extra details which I feel would help me in my case.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...isbury+village

Firstly I am fairly certain that the place where I have parked did not have clear signs at the time and they have placed these recently in the area, after my "offence".

Secondly, when taking the pictures of the road sign a tree's branch was covering the information on the sign directly opposite where I was parked last, although I am not sure if that matters since the signs were not there when I was parked.

Also, I would like if possible if @nemesis45 @mystery1
    if I would be able to get some comments from you guys i would greatly appreciate it as I have seen you both help people with amazing results!

again thank you everyone who can help me form a defence or draft defence of any sort.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: County court claim letter parking fine

Hi slick490, welcome to Legal Beagles.

Golden Rule #1.....never 'out' the driver.

Firstly I am fairly certain that the place where the driver parked.....
    .......where the driver was parked last, although I am not sure if that matters since the signs were not there when the driver was parked.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Do I have any grounds to stand on with my extra points? I am thinking of using the defence mystery1 posted for taylor6 in the link I've attached but I would like to add the points as mentioned above...

Comment

Obviously if there were no signs erected at the material time there cannot be any alleged contract.
        & yes, the signs (if there) have/had to be clearly visible.
        Can you prove these facts?
        As for the rest of the example defence linked in post #1, as you have not posted up the court claim form, the windscreen PCN or the original Notice to Keeper (all suitably sanitised), it's not possible to comment on them re your defence.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
          Here is the court claim form.
          I cannot prove that the signs where up at the time apart from screenshots from google maps showing that they were not present then. Do they not have to prove that the signs were present at the time also? Would the pictures I've provided not be sufficient for an example of the sign not being clearly shown as it is partially covered by a branch?

Thank you
          Last edited by slick490; 19th June 2017, 18:31:PM.

Comment

Blimey!
            A Particulars of Claim which actually have some.......particulars.
            Gladstones must have been practicing their litigation skills.
            Shame they forgot to mention when the event was alleged to have occurred, though.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Sorry, I'm lost with what you've said here... anything useful I may be able to add to my defence?

... I would like to add that the signs may not have been clear and that at the time that I had parked there no signs were present. Any examples on how to word this would be great.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X