• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ex Partners Pensions with Scottish Widows and Prudential

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex Partners Pensions with Scottish Widows and Prudential

Apologies first and foremost as I didn`t know where to post this question, if anyone can advise, I will gladly move it.

My ex left me 10 years ago, he went to work one day and just didn`t come back but before leaving he emptied our Joint Account and also took the monies we had in our safe at home, so left owing me a large amount of money and in considerable financial difficulty.

From the age of 18 he has had a number of small contributory pensions with Scottish Widows and Prudential, he paid into them up to 3 years ago when he suddenly stopped.

He has never changed the details on the Pensions and the statements all still come to my home and I am still listed as the beneficiary should anything happen to him.

I have got a bit sick and tired of these reams of paper arriving regularly as I now have a huge file of them- I recently had contact from him via his Mother, he said he doesn`t wish me to send the paperwork to him , instead he has said I can cash in the pensions as payment for the monies he still owes me rather than pursue him in Court for monies owing...

Can anyone tell me if I am able to cash these contributory pensions in ? I don`t want to contact them and make myself look a fool so would be grateful for any advice anyone can give me please?

Many thanks xx
    Tags: None

Re: Ex Partners Pensions with Scottish Widows and Prudential

As you are only the"beneficiary if anything happens to him" it is doubtful that you could "cash them in".
    I suspect he is the only one with authority to apply for trivial commutation, but check with the pension providers.
    Don't forget the tax position.

Comment

Hi des8,

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it :-)

So basically, my ex can cash the pensions in by applying for trivial commutation? I have no idea what that actually means lol, but will google it, thank you.

As always, your help is absolutely fabulous!

xx

Comment

Can anyone here advise me? I am a pensioner retired and live in the Philippines. I have good life here living on just a state pension. DWP pay my pension to Citibank who inturn pay to my bank here in the Philippines, now here is the problem every Christmas for the last two years my December payment never arrives until 6th January, so I am left with no money for the holiday. DWP issue my pension to Citibank on the 15th December, so what right do these banks have to hold my money this length of time? I phone DWP and spoke to a supervisor, they just say basially its hard luck, nothing we can do about it. Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnijon View Post
          Can anyone here advise me? I am a pensioner retired and live in the Philippines. I have good life here living on just a state pension. DWP pay my pension to Citibank who inturn pay to my bank here in the Philippines, now here is the problem every Christmas for the last two years my December payment never arrives until 6th January, so I am left with no money for the holiday. DWP issue my pension to Citibank on the 15th December, so what right do these banks have to hold my money this length of time? I phone DWP and spoke to a supervisor, they just say basially its hard luck, nothing we can do about it. Any ideas anyone?
          Hi jonnijon,

Please could you make a new posting out for your question as you have put this onto my posting and it is going to get confusing having a totally different question on my posting? Thank you.

Admin, please could you remove this posting from my question? Many thanks xx

Comment

Sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X