• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received first claim form, bit overwhelming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received first claim form, bit overwhelming

I received a claim form today dated 5th September 2017.

Its an old waged advance loan. It is now being handled by morality law on behalf of motor mile finance.

I keep falling in the form on this forum but it tells me my message is too short.

I just wondered what I can do? The loan was from 2011 and I remember rolling it over every month, and I think the most I borrowed was £450.

The claim is for 1027.75.

I want to defend maybe but I feel really overwhelmed and not actually sure what my defence could be.

Any help would be vastly appreciated!
    Tags: None

Re: Received first claim form, bit overwhelming

From the claim form:

Claimant: Motormile finance uk ltd
    Address for payment: Moriarty law

Particualrs:

The defendant goes the claimant £831.25 under a regulated loan agreement with CURO TRANSATLANTIC LTD T/A WAGEDAY ADVANCE DATED 28/11/2011 and which was assigned to the claimant on 03/01/2014 and notice of which was given to the defendant on the 3/1/2014 (debt).

Despite formal demand for payment of the debt defendant has failed to pay and the claimant claims £831.25 and further claims interest thereon pursuant to section 69 of the County Court act 1984 limited to one year to the date thereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to £66.50

Comment

Looks like they must be processing these in bulk at the minute as mine was the same...have you acknowledged the claim form?

Comment

Sorry this seems to have been missed

Can it be moved to the correct forum [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

The first thing you need to do is acknowledge the claim online

I would also send a CCA request to MMF and a CPR 31,14 request to moriarty lawasking for the agreement, the notice of assignment and the deed of assignment
        [MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION]

Comment

if you had previous loans from WDA, you should consider putting in an affordability claim to try to get a refund for these, see https://debtcamel.co.uk/payday-loan-refunds/.

In theory, you could try to get the court case stayed until the complaint has been resolved, see https://debtcamel.co.uk/court-payday-loan-debt/. I can't advise on how to do this. @Diana M @Amethyst @pt2537 any ideas?

Even if you can't, an affordabilty case may later generate a refund which could help you repay any CCJ.

And also consider complaints against other lenders.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X