• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd & Gladstones court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd & Gladstones court claim

Received a claim: Yes
    Issue Date:
    21st February 2017 (AOS filed so only have until Monday to file defence)
    Amount approx:
    £420.10
    Claimant: Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd
    Solicitor: Gladstones
    Original Creditor: ?
    Particulars of Claim:
    The driver of the vehicle registration XXXXXX (the 'Vehicle') incurred the parking charge(s) on 07/08/2015, 10/08/2015 for breaching the terms of parking on the land at The Meads. The Defendant was driving the Vehicle and/or is the Keeper of the Vehicle.
    AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £300 for Parking Charges / Damages and indemnity costs if applicable, together with interest of £35.10 pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at 8% pa, continuing to Judgment at £0.07 per day

Is the debt Statute Barred? No
    List any letters you have sent:
    CPR 31.14 Request for inspection of documents disclosed in SOC

Any Other Info: The only correspondence received prior to the court claim was an LBC from Gladstones dated 26th January 2017. I wasn't driving the vehicle, its registered keeper is the company I work for. Two other claims were received on the same day, for the same vehicle, in the same car park on dates 26/02/2016 and 21/12/2015. These had been preceded by letters from a debt collection agency, but only one had a notice to keeper so I was able to see the photographic evidence, from what I can work out the car park is a private one for residents only, providing a permit is displayed. The photos are no longer available on the PPC website though, I can't say if the signage was clear or well-lit. As access to the car park would have necessitated owning a 'dongle' presumably issued by Parking Control Management, are these claims defendable?
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd & Gladstones court claim

You seem to have forgotten to allow 5 days for service so you have until 26th.

Without much information there is going to be a lot of guess work. Any chance you have a NTK you can post up (sanitised) and the signs will be key so a picture ?

M1

Comment

Will do, but exactly what information needs to be obscured to sanitise a document? I couldn't find any guidelines and would rather not learn from my mistakes... Thank you.

Comment

Personal information (name address, reg number) and barcodes/passwords etc

M1

Comment

Please see attached the only NTK received. The photographic evidence that was available has been removed from the PPC's website now, so the sign is NOT the one at the carpark, but its wording is the same. I have requested one of our people go to the carpark to get a decent set of photos which I should have tomorrow.
          Attached Files

Comment

This is the one from The Meads
            Attached Files

Comment

Edit to suit.

Redeyedef.rtf

M1

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Redeye View Post
                  Thank you so much!
                  Any chance you can let me know how you got on with this case???

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyJ View Post
                    Any chance you can let me know how you got on with this case???
                    Top of thread. (Down a bit).
                    Drop down menu....Subscribe to thread.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks subscribed

Comment

Hi,

I'll check with my colleague and post back to let you know.
                        Last edited by Redeye; 27th October 2017, 19:09:PM. Reason: posted in wrong thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Redeye View Post
                          Hi,

I'll check with my colleague and post back to let you know.
                          Cool! Thank you.

Comment

Hi Ashley,

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

My colleague said that they found in favour of the parking company, but the charges were reduced from what they had claimed for (I'm waiting on what those figures were).

I didn't deal with that case myself so don't know all the ins and outs. I think the fact we had ignored the letters (based on incorrect advice and past successes using that method) rather than responding straight away left us with a harder battle to fight.

Cheers

R

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X