Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Cambridge Carol

Your Message

Click here to log in or REGISTER now
Registering is easy and only takes a few moments. This will allow you to keep your username, reply to , get notifications of any responses to your question, and post in the other forums across LegalBeagles.


You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn into [URL][/URL].

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 21st March 2017, 09:11:AM
    Crazy council

    Re: Cambridge Carol


    It seems like your saying that you bought a flat ( part of house/block/premesis ), and there is problems with the CERTS that the owner/developer bas issued by the council. That the council took action but have backed off to allow the developer to remidy the issuse

    This is not as uncommon as you may think.

    You should be compensated well for moving out if thats needed, whilst its done, any further compo would depend on the works jnheeded doing, any long term affect on the property and if you would have know this item at time of purchase, would it havestoped your purchase. Sometimes the deads deal with these matters, especialy in more modern developments.

    Depends what the works are really
  • 20th March 2017, 22:38:PM

    Re: Cambridge Carol

    tagging @Crazy council xx
  • 20th March 2017, 22:32:PM
    caroline hadley

    Cambridge Carol

    Hi, I'm a beginner so bear with me...Having major headache with my local council. Bought a leasehold flat 4 years ago & though council issued a building certificate they've recently admitted that my cretin freeholder has broken every building reg in the book. An offer to serve an injunction has now been retracted & they claim that they'll negotiate with the freeholder to make good. Though they've accepted no liability they've offered to contribute through public purse. Compensation was mentioned though they've taken a uturn. I'm expected to move out of my home, for 6 weeks, without any assurance a court order would guarantee. I'm considering an LGO complaint but suspect it's probably a waste of time...any ideas people?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Contact Us

© Celame (UK) Ltd 2017
LegalBeagles® are DPA Registered No. ZA158014
LegalBeagles® is the trading name of CELAME (UK) LIMITED ( 09220332 )
Registered Address: 25 Moorgate, London, England, EC2R 6AY
VAT registration number 206 9740 02
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Celame (UK) Ltd Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

To find out more about managing your money and getting free advice, visit the Money Advice Service,an independent service set up to help people manage their money.