• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** WON *** Mandid v BPS - HEARING 3rd AUGUST ** WON ****

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** WON *** Mandid v BPS - HEARING 3rd AUGUST ** WON ****

Claim form

''Contract'' signed on 5th January 2015

Had the preaction 'this is what a claim will look like'' letter on Jan 19th.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd February 2015, 16:58:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: *** Mandid v BPS - claim received 21/2/2015

They will struggle running your claim Mandid as they have entered your details in the 'address for documents and payments'' box which is usually used for the solicitors of the claimants details.

Just getting your other bits and bobs together xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Attached Files
      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I need to cross refer what I have actually received dates/times against this as I am certain half of it is fabricated. I know for definite I had no communication off them last week 17.2 so where they get off charging £36 for fictitious texts, emails and letters & VB call is beyond me.

Reading through other people's threads I am gathering we are finding out Sam Harris is fictitious and is actually Richard Howard and possibly Charles Mercer ect... This would mean the 4-1 vote was highly unlikely to have taken place but hard to prove.

Amethyst as you quite rightly pointed out they have put my details in the addressee to pay box so should I just pay myself and case closed

Comment

And meant to ask about the defence do I wait to get more papers from the court to enter a defence? or do you do it online on the MCOL website?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandid View Post
            Amethyst as you quite rightly pointed out they have put my details in the addressee to pay box so should I just pay myself and case closed
            lol, I think that's a great idea.

Okay, you need to enter your acknowledgment of service for the claim at https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome - there's a password on the front of the claim for you can use to do this. This will stop him getting a default judgment.

At the moment all you need to do is tick ' I intend to defend all of this claim' - don't fill in any defence or counterclaim, just the tick box and submit.

Then we have up to 33 days from the date of issue on the claim form to sort out putting in a defence.

There's a bit of help signing up for the MCOl service below.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I got a letter off the court today Amethyst addressed to me but meant for them the claimants, as you noticed they had put my details in the wrong box so I will get all the correspondence meant for them. So now they won't know I have said I will defend. I assume I just push on and prepare and enter my defence?

Comment

Yes indeed, you just carry on xx
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Help with Defence here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...claim-from-BPS
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Amethyst I am a bit confused now, do I need to contact the court to tell them the claimants solicitors box has my address? Also I think I have done the intend to defend form wrong now because I ticked I wish to contest the courts jurisdiction? I am not even sure what that meant but I know I ticked it thinking back. You can see how I got myself into this mess :tinysmile_cry_t: x

Comment

Yes you need to tell the court that the claimant entered your details in the solicitors box in error.

You shouldn't have ticked the box contesting the court's jurisdiction. That means if you believe the case should be heard in Scotland or something. Have you filed it yet?

Comment

Don't worry Mandid, the court are more than used to random ticking of the jurisdiction box - loads of people do it.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes I submitted it online, can I undo the contest jurisdiction thing if I ring them tomorrow along with telling them he has put the wrong details in the address box? Panicking now as don't understand all the terminology, does that mean he could pick a court in Scotland or Wales for a hearing?

I also didn't enter a counter claim? Is that only for people with cases before October 2014 anyway from what I understand ?

Comment

No England and Wales use a different civil legal framework so unless you want to move to Scotland you will be fine as you are in the correct jurisdiction... You could move to Scotland though.... It's very nice here......:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

You could mention it when you ring, will put your mind at rest anyway xx and counterclaim would only go on when you do your defence which you haven't done yet, we have time for sorting that yet.

With regards the court, YOU chose which court, as you are defendant and you are the individual not the company, so it will move to your local court before anyone even thinks about any hearing.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X