• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Diabetes Type 2 - Just some info.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diabetes Type 2 - Just some info.

Oh he is amazing ! ( I met him too ) lol.
    Common Sense .... if in doubt, use it !

“We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Comment

I agree and totally understand Ploddertom, not for everyone.
      Love your avatar just looks like my boxer!

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
        As said it isn't for everyone - I have quite a few other issues which don't help. I have been lucky in the past 2/3 months over different episodes by meeting the big man and telling him I'm not ready yet.

I should never have stopped smoking as never had all this then.
        Tell you what plodds, if you start looking into it, you might find a number of other issues could be helped by getting rid of processed foods/carbs/sugars and increasing natural fats.

Oddly, my MOT nurse was also of the opinion that quitting smoking causes more problems than anyone lets on.

“We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Tell you what plodds, if you start looking into it, you might find a number of other issues could be helped by getting rid of processed foods/carbs/sugars and increasing natural fats.

Oddly, my MOT nurse was also of the opinion that quitting smoking causes more problems than anyone lets on.
          I would have to start with heart, liver & kidney issues closely followed by arthritis. It becomes a bit of a joke going to the docs and he sits there saying "fascinating, fascinating". When asked what he meant he tells me it is fascinating to find someone with so many different issues. Went to the opticians and caught him saying "extraordinary, extraordinary" & when asked what he meant he tells me usually someone will present with any 1 of 3 problems but you have all 3 and you're the wrong sex for one them! - direct to hospital and don't Pass Go.

As for the smoking issue, well I think we know it isn't healthy but it does seem to mask a lot of different issues. Like the diabetes where they are more concerned over the fact one may have had "silent" heart attacks.

Comment

ha well, it's nice not to be boring I guess !

Depends exactly what your issues are obviously but insulin = inflamation = issues ... slowly switching out carbs isn't going to make anything worse ( though over time you might have to adjust your injections) and could just make things a lot better. It's worth looking into, that's all I'm saying - it's not just about diabetes xxx

Comment

I have to smoke for the sake of my mother in law’s health! If I could not go out for a smoke when she visits I think she would be dead by now!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
              ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
                I have to smoke for the sake of my mother in law’s health! If I could not go out for a smoke when she visits I think she would be dead by now!
                This wouldn't have worked for my late mother in law (God rest her soul), she would have joined you!!

I got told to quit smoking (normal doc nagging) my answer was nicoteen or no job... you decide!!

I now have an Ecig. he's still not happy but says its an improvement!
                Those who don't believe in Magic will never find it! - Roald Dahl

Tears are not a sign of weakness they are a sign of having been too strong too long! - Unknown

You are not disabled by your disability but made able by your abilities. - Oscar Pistorius

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X