• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Changing over from contribution to income related ESA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changing over from contribution to income related ESA

PIP is a lottery I am afraid but no harm in applying. Try to find someone who can help fill in the form such as cab or welfare rights, more hopeful if you live in a labour controlled council.

Good luck.
    Remember that unless you are in the support group your ESA will switch to IB after 12 months.
    If you stay on IB get a claim in for help with health costs as CB is not a passport benefit.

Comment

Received a letter from CAB they did some research and found l was right lm entitled to 208 a week !. Plus l can also claim Income based ESA as a top up.
      They did say l can have it backdated !!
      Filled all forms in sent copy of letter from CAB with them.
      Just have to wait now be weeks no doubt.
      Cheers

Comment

Really pleased and many thanks for updating us.
        I may be wrong but would think the backdate will only be from the date of your claim, that's how it usually works.
        I filled in my daughters ESA form this morning, not easy but it's gone off now and if they want a face to face then they can work for it lol
        Good luck, Enaid x

Comment

Let's hope for a good outcome for our claims. Those forms are a nightmare full stop !!!
          God knows which bozo came up with that .
          Good luck Enaid

Comment

Hi all - Well everything's not good now my stepson's Pip has stopped so my wife's carers will stop next month.
            I did get 157 back pay and my money went up to 282 a fortnight. But now l guess my money will go down again so be back to struggling again.
            Rents gone up again how the hell can we live on that !!!!..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X