• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrag jcp trying to make someone work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrag jcp trying to make someone work

hello

i recently attended a work focused interview with my partner who is in the WRAG. The advisor is really disgusting with her attitude. I explained to the advisor my partner has recently been diagnosed as having psoriatic and rheumatoid a arthritis and her condition has worsened, the advisor at JCP then said she still has to participate in some kind of work even if it's voluntary,

my partner is really uncomfortable with all of this, the advisor then said if she doesn't then she will be sanctioned, she then said but rules and regs state this, I then challenged her and said can you show me these rules and regulations, at this point the advisor who was seemingly easy to reel this of the top of her head stated she couldn't show me, but these where on the web, I asked her to direct me to these she refused, she then refused to show me on her computer,

I was under the impression being in WRAG means you won't be forced to work, as my partner is seeing a consultant and recieving treatment for her extremely bad psoriasis and arthritis this would be seen as taking steps. The thing is my partner has never worked and was schooled in a special unit at school, all this is impacting on her mental health massively.

I have now requested a Supersession as her condition and problems have worsened since being assessed at the WCA. my partner has no reading, writing or numbers skills, so how can she possibly work, the advisor then said well she must have hobbies, so now their trying to catch her out.

Any advice?
    Tags: None

Re: Wrag jcp trying to make someone work

Sorry it has taken anyone so long to reply
    I assume this is the work provider that is saying this and not the job centre

Wrag expects you to make reasonable steps to get back to work , that could be learning to read and write for instance. My advisor at the job centre did warn me not to do anything that made me feel uncomfortable and as long as you give good reasons then they can not sanction you.

Assuming it is the work place provider I would be asking to talk to someone else, maybe even phone up JC+ and ask them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X