• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ESA been waiting for 8 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESA been waiting for 8 months

Hi Guys
    My brother is on ESA and claimed on 1st October 2013. He's still on basic amount and not had an appointment yet for a medical. Has anyone any idea how long its taking as I am aware that there is a massive waiting time but 8 months and no nearer is ridiculous.

I understand it will be backdated but thats no comfort to my brother who had to leave a very lucrative job after a serious accident in the home.
    Tags: None

Re: ESA been waiting for 8 months

I am afraid they are in a right mess since ATOS stopped the assesments
    Yes it will be backdated however in the meantime he should be getting the same benefits as anyone on JSA , I know that doesn't help much so sorry. I assume you have tried calling to find out what is going on.

If you get some vague answer it is always worth calling again as you might then get someone that knows the system, I did

Comment

My brother had his medical yesterday the doctor who did it said she will be recommending he can only do very light work. He had been in same job for 16 years heavy manual job then they made changes for him after he had 6 months off work and moved him to a machine but he couldnt hear properly so it was a health and safety issue he took voluntary reduncancy due to injuries in May 2013.

His ESA claim is based on injuries sustained several years ago. He is now deaf in both ears cannot raise his left arm or lie on left side as every rib was shattered and his shoulder was shattered. He has problems with memory due to skull fracture. He spent time in intensive care and all this time later he is still receiving physio.
      Hope he gets a positive result.

Comment

I think you may need to prepare yourself for his ESA to be denied. Very light work=work . Hopefully the decision maker will look at everything and give a different opinion. If it s denied you can ask for a reconsideration and also appeal . I had to appeal first time around but won. During the appeal process I stayed on assessment rate

Comment

Agree with Jon.... will probably be put in WRAG
          Also ask for a copy of doctor's report.
          Hopefully you had the assessment recorded.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            Agree with Jon.... will probably be put in WRAG
            Also ask for a copy of doctor's report.
            Hopefully you had the assessment recorded.
            If he is put in WRAG then that will be a result as I'm sure he would like to return to work in some capacity he just can't at this moment in time. If they refuse it altogether then it will definitely be appealed. Thanks guys....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X