• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Attendance Allowence advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance Allowence advice

Hi Everyone!

Looking for a bit of advice for my Dad. He was awarded Attendance allowance at the higher rate for a number of illnesses (He had a triple bypass and a heart valve replacement in Oct). Can he apply for a council tax reduction?

Thanks in advance.

LouLouxx
    Tags: None

Re: Attendance Allowence advice

Hi Loulou,
    Attendance Allowance alone does not qualify your dad for a discount.if your dad is the sole occupier a 25% discount would be applied.

Comment

Thanks Enaid. He currently lives with my mum and I. I am currently unable to work and I am receiving ESA Support group contribution based. My brother is on the electorial roll here but he lives with friends so I am not sure whether to include him but also put that he does not live with us. My dad does not benefit or take 1p from his wages so not sure what to do. I did a test that sees if he is entitled and it came up with 100% but to be honest anything deducted would be a massive help.

Comment

Here is info on the criteria for exemption, discounts etc hope this helps

https://www.gov.uk/council-tax/council-tax-exemptions

Comment

Thanks Enaid for the link going to have a look now.

Comment

I feel really bad because along with attendance allowance, you can't have a council tax reduction.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X