• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Laptop Grants For Children

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Grants For Children

Hello all im not sure if this is in the right place but here we go anyway.

I have been told about a new goverment scheme to give low income families the chance to apply for a new laptop/computer for their child.

I have read some articles on the scheme here is one from the guardian here

I have also managed to get hold of a number you can ring to see if you can apply for the grant.

hope this might help a few families.

regards

Re: Laptop Grants For Children

Hi read on here about this first so appplied and woohho we got our middle child a lap top, it seems like a fine piece of kit, the scheme works quickly and the lap top was devivered fast, no probs, we opted for the lap top only as didnt really think to opt for one with a dongle for the internet, actually think this is a wise move if you have the internet as it discourages the wee ones from taking it out to much. well:beagle:out and thanks beagles

Comment

this is only for England......... Is there no equivelant in scotland....thanx

Comment

Told a mate of mine who has a familly and he say it appears to be for Immigrants mainly.
        Is this true? Doesn't make sense.

Thincat

Comment

lol no its not true AT ALL. Bet he reads the Daily Wail too.

I have a netbook for my eldest from the scheme, she starts secondary school this year so she can have it to herself, and it came with full ms office on (and not the one that runs out in a year)

I had a letter from my county council asking me to apply (apparently take up has been slow oddly) so I did, as did one of my neighbours. She got hers with broadband for a year on a dongle thing. I didnt need that as I have it already (obviously) so just had the laptop.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by thincat View Post
            Told a mate of mine who has a familly and he say it appears to be for Immigrants mainly.
            Is this true? Doesn't make sense.

Thincat
            No, thats definitely and completely NOT true, its for ALL qualifying children.

Its a malicious rumour put around by people with absolutely no common sense and an ulterior motive.

However, please apply quickly as you will find that the Conservatives will probably cut the support for this much needed initiative.

Comment

Originally posted by orc View Post
              However, please apply quickly as you will find that the Conservatives will probably cut the support for this much needed initiative.
              Well that'll be because there is no money left.

Comment

lol.

Actually I think they have dealt with it poorly.

The suppliers are overpricing things just to meet the 'budget' people are given.

There are no checks as to whether you already have laptops/pc's or even a broadband connection.

Should have gone to people who NEED it. Being on benefits/low income doesnt automatically mean you have no computer or internet connection.

But never say no to a freebie
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                  Well that'll be because there is no money left.
                  Ha Ha. (don't want to risk thread highjack, is election thread still open? Yes, as the conservatives have earmarked it for trident missiles.)

You are correct Amethyst re price issue. Its down to the morons that set these schemes up. Exactly the same problem arose when tax free laptops/ PCs were made available to NHS, local authority workers, etc some 7/8 years ago, who paid the full price through salary deductions. Massively inflated prices.

Comment

Anyone who has still to get their barclaycard (stupid system and I cant be pooped to explain it but if you had it you'll understand) then when you do - order from MISCO - they are the best all round packages.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst and Everybody,

Thanks for that info, I'll pass that on to my friend. Also I'll clarify exactly what his problem was with sorting this out. Wierd really seems like a no brainer to me.

Thincat.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X