• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC PPI offer!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC PPI offer!

Hi All, I have made a claim (with the help of Fast Tack Reclaim) against HSBC for PPI paid on a business loan back in 2001, the loan was for £10'000, and was paid off in full one year later when the bank told me that it won't be signing the hand over papers for the sale of my house until the loan was paid off.
    I had to find £11'000 within 24 hours so I could complete the sale of my house and move to my new address with a new mortgage provider, luckily for me my farther-in-law had come into a large sum of money and he kindly lent me the £11'000, I paid off the loan, the papers were signed and I closed all my accounts with the bank (and I might have called the business manager a blackmailing robbing b@$#@*d) as far as I'm aware no payments where late or missed and I ran a shop and internet store with two members of staff.

OK that's a short history of what happened now back to the PPI offer.
    I received a letter via Fast Track offering me £1352.27 stating the this amount will effectively return the premiums paid and the offer made is without admission of liability, the PPI premium redress is £679.99 plus taxable interest at 8% of 672.28 =£1352.27.

Should I accept this offer? sounds a bit low to me, I was expecting coming out of this with at least £3'000 in my pocket.
    I am phoning Fast Track on Monday to ask for their advise but I'd much rather have totally independent advise for you guys as Fast Track now have a guaranteed payment of £405.68, I'm sure they would give me the best advise but I need to be 100% happy with whatever advise they give me and it's in my interests and not theirs if you know what I mean
    Tags: None

Re: HSBC PPI offer!

*UPDATE*
    I accepted the £1352.27 offer off HSBC and sent off the forms and Fast Track confirmed that I should have the money in my account within 28 days from the 17th December, as of today I haven't received a penny :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
    I worked out 28 "working days" is up on Monday 2nd February, I'm not sure if they only count working days when paying PPI claims but if they do then they're getting very very close to the end date.
    Do they normally wait until the 11th hour?
    and what happens if they don't pay within the 28 days

Comment

Well their 28 days are up now and nothing has been transferred into my account, called Fast Track up to update them and they said they need to fill in a questionnaire and send it off to HSBC and wait up to 3 weeks for a response.
      Fast Track said that HSBC are one of the few that will not accept telephone calls from companies acting on behalf of a claimant, they will only speak to the claimant/account holder.
      So I m going to call them in the morning to find out why they haven't paid up

In my opinion any bank or company who go over the 28 day deadline should be penalized for their behavior

Comment

I called HSBC last week (3/02/2015) to try and find out why I hadn't been paid and was told that someone will call me back within 5 days, well guess what! no one called back:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
        Phoned HSBC to find out why they'd broken yet another deadline only to be messed around with their so called security questions, I gave them all they asked for apart from the last one which was 'what was your telephone number in 2001?' I can't even remember my mobile number I have now. They said I'd have to go into my local branch with my ID to prove who I am before they will deal with me, I told them that I've already done that when the claim was being processed and even if I do comply with their ridiculous request I still have to phone back later and go through the same brick wall as I'm trying to go through now.
        I phoned Fast Track to give them an update and they said that out of all the banks or loan companies they deal with only HSBC and the Royal Bank of Scotland refuse to speak direct to them about any on going claim and all they can do is fill in a questionnaire and wait for a reply, even then they're not guaranteed to get one and have to go through the questionnaire process again and again until they get a response.
        I told Fast Track that HSBC have had 3 weeks over their deadline to pay the money over to my account and there must be someone or some governing body that we can contact to make them hand over my money, they said the Ombudsman won't but they mentioned something about financial complaints commission or something.

Anyone know exactly who I need to complain to?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X