• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA ppi sucess I hope

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBNA ppi sucess I hope

Hello everyone, and especially Ken.

I wonder if you can help with a 5-sec scan of my spreadsheet please?

On 27/5/14 I got notification from MBNA of a successful PPI claim:

1 Total amount charged 1412.63;
    2 Total amount of associated interest 280.20;
    3 Applicable 8% gross interest 136.14
    4 Less UK withholding tax -27.23
    5 Total amount payable to you 1801.74.

The claim was on an MBNA credit card taken out on 30/8/00, and the last PPI payment was on 11/12/03. The debt was sold to DCL on 31/5/04. I've used the PPI+Penalties_400_V2.4.xls spreadsheet, and this gives the 8% compensatory interest as £1427.54. This squares (ish) with P=IRT, where P=(1412.63+280.20), R=0.08, T=10.5.

I would be very grateful if someone would verify these figures, or advise. I can upload the spreadsheet if needed.

If you agree roughly with my calculations, what do you think is the best way forward? Currently I'm thinking letter to MBNA, if no result, go to court (I might not live long enough for FOS!).

Thanks in advance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X