• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI redress - Adjustment to loan figure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI redress - Adjustment to loan figure

Hi,

I have a question that I’m hoping is an easy answer for someone more knowledgeable than myself. I will keep this as brief as possible.

PPI complaint > FOS > Redress letter received (Egg/Canada Square)

Within the letter it gives the breakdown which matches near enough to my own loan progression/stat interest calcs) which is all good. The only problem I have is one particular part which refers to an “adjustment to loan” figure.

The loan was defaulted in 2009 and I entered into a DMP (payplan) for several years until EGG decided to sell the loan onto Arrow Global as a portfolio sale. This was all fine, notice of assignment received from both parties, several months down the line Arrow Global decided to sell the account on to Cabot, all still fine. I then get to the redress letter stage with the “adjustment to loan” figure.

My question is, is this legal for them to adjust the Cabot loan when it has nothing to do with them, I could understand if part of the portfolio sale included an instruction within the deed of assignment for the PPI portion of the loan but not when it has been sold on again.
    Canada Square referred this question to their legal team and the answer back was very generic, the FOS verbally said it should not happen but an adjudicator would make the final decision.

Thanks and any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Jez
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X