• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Yes Car Credit or Direct Auto Financial Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Car Credit or Direct Auto Financial Services

Hi everyone, I purchased a car in November 2000 from a garage called Yes Car Credit in Glasgow.
    The finance for the vehicle was approved by Direct Auto Financial Services Ltd.
    Now to cut a long story short, I was charged over £2,500 for PPI that I did not want or need but was told that unless I agreed to this my finance would not be accepted!
    I have the paperwork, Yes Car Credit and Direct Auto Financial Services do not exist anymore, I have written to the Ombudsman, who say they cannot help as the PPI was sold before 14th January 2005.
    Does anyone have any help or info regarding either of these companies and what I can do next?

Regards

Alan
    Tags: None

Re: Yes Car Credit or Direct Auto Financial Services

Hi Alan

Usually in this position you can write and pursue the underwriter/insurer of the policy, some have been successful in going this avenue.

And its highly possible the underwriter/insurer would have been regulated.

Personally, I would pursue them yourself first, and if this fails, you should be eligible to complain to the FOS.
    Let me know if you want a letter to go by as important wording is required when going this avenue.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Re: Yes Car Credit or Direct Auto Financial Services

Ive read a few forums now with people trying to claim missold PPI against Yes Car Credit & Direct Auto Financial Sevices, no-one seems to have managed as far as I can see.
      Yes Car Credit were financed by Direct Auto Finance who were part of Provident Financial up until 2005, as my loan was taken out in November 2000, I don't think they were regulated!
      I have managed to track down an office that is dealing with all complaints against this outfit but I cannot see how anyone can recover anything as they were not regulated back in 2000?

Comment

I received a letter from DAF in Dec 2017 saying they owed me PPI I filled in the form then got a reply in Jan 2018 offering me a reduced final settlement. The last activity on this account was Aug 2007. Surley they cannot do this under statute of limitations act. I have appt AT CAB inithe morning

Any help or advice welcome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X