• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Underwriter success PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underwriter success PPI

Okay folks, after Santander rejecting the GE capital bank complaint, due to lapsed time and they could not track down the info on the account, and the fact they were not FSA regulated, I forwarded my case on to both FLA and the Underwriter/insurer - namely Genworth Insurance.
    The FLA letter arrived today and they could not do anything about it, (as to be expected) and at the same time another letter arrived from Genworth!!

They accepted the liability or joint liability with GE and will be paying refund in full.

Bear in mind, this account was taken out 1997 and ended 2005, PPI suddenly appeared on store card statements about a year after the store card was taken out.

Not a massive amount but happy anyway, and it's the principle of it.

See it can be done via underwriter if all else fails, if complaint worded correctly.
    With Genworth it had only taken a little over 2 weeks to resolve.
    Tags: None

Re: Underwriter success PPI

Well done Di, I think many cases could be won this way but people tend to give up when they get a knock back as you did initially.

Comment

Cheers.

Yes I agree, I do hope this gives some hope now. x

Comment

WOW Di
        Well done, I hope I have the same sucsess with Cardiff Pinnacle and Aviva.
        Gill x

Comment

Which letter template did you use when writting to the underwritter.
          Gill x

Comment

Thank you,
            I done my own letter Gill, no template for this one, when I get some time over the weekend I shall post you a copy to give you an idea of the wording. x

Comment

Well done, Di. You really are 'The Biz' when it comes to settling these old claims.

I'm just glad i never knew you when I woz a teenager !!!

Comment

Thank yoo x

Comment

Hi Di, Well done, that is brilliant news, could you send me a copy of the letter too as I am going after Aviva for a Welcome Loan :-) - Many thanks

Comment

Well Done Di, could you send me a copy as well?

Comment

Well done, copy please!xx:tinysmile_grin_t:
                      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Well do Di. I too would appreciate a copy of letter. Have a thread on Welcome PPI and getting help from Milliitant. Fear I will end up having to go to the underwriter (Aviva I think) as broker was Best Car Credit UK and FSCS will not look at it.

Cheers

Comment

Well well well, no surprises here, been out of touch for a while, i log on and there you are doing what you do so well
                          truly inspirational hope you keep finding these nuggets to keep everyone chin up. WELL DONE YOU xxxx pb
                          ask and you might get - never ask and you will never know

Comment

Originally posted by pressandgo View Post
                            Well do Di. I too would appreciate a copy of letter. Have a thread on Welcome PPI and getting help from Milliitant. Fear I will end up having to go to the underwriter (Aviva I think) as broker was Best Car Credit UK and FSCS will not look at it.

Cheers

Hiya hun

Yes of course I will send you a copy, and hope it will be of some help for you too.

I shall be back later and I shall leave you a pm once I done this. (Busy household at the mo) lol and my puter is running very slow, not my day today.
                            But not a problem at all, hope you don't mind waiting until a bit later today.

Hey cheers PB, and hope things are going well for you too xx

Comment

Hi Di
                              Update on my claims agains Cardiff pinnacle and aviva, have receided a letter of authority for me to sign so they can get information from G E Money and the same from cardif pinnacle.
                              Still optermistic
                              Gill x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X