• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI reclaimed on account sold to DCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI reclaimed on account sold to DCA

Hi,

I recently had a PPI refund from Egg (or whoever runs that now). The total was just over £850. They sent me a cheque for £340 but said the remainder was to be credited to the outstanding balance of my open account.

I have a letter, labelled 'Notice of Assignment', from Arrow Global, dated May 2013 stating that they had bought the debt from Britannica Recoveries S.a.r.l in February 2013. It further states that the balance is owed to Arrow Global and the letter confirms sale of the debt by Britannica Recoveries.

The implication of this is that Egg sold the debt at some point. As I understand it, once a debt is sold, the original lender has no legal right to the debt.

I have no letter stating sale by Egg of the debt (they may have sent one but I can't find it). But it does sound as though they sold it.

Is the original lender pulling a fast one?
    Tags: None

Hi BathOliver,

I wandered if you looked into this any further. I am in a similer position, I have a PPI payment but about half of it was sent to Arrow who I believe are a DCA. My loan with Egg was in a trustdeed which I completed and was discharged from some years ago and my old trustee has no interest in any PPI claim monies so I don't believe that Egg should have sent any of my payment to Arrow.

I will make my own thread here I think to see if I can get any info but if you have had any success getting to the bottom of this let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by katie77 View Post
      Hi BathOliver,

I wandered if you looked into this any further. I am in a similer position, I have a PPI payment but about half of it was sent to Arrow who I believe are a DCA. My loan with Egg was in a trustdeed which I completed and was discharged from some years ago and my old trustee has no interest in any PPI claim monies so I don't believe that Egg should have sent any of my payment to Arrow.

I will make my own thread here I think to see if I can get any info but if you have had any success getting to the bottom of this let me know!
      Hi Katie77,

Didn't get any further with this as I had no response to the query. I still believe that Egg was incorrect to take money on an account they'd apparently sold but without some definite answers, I've let this lapse.

Regards

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me,I don't know myself will start my own thread and see what happens. I will probably refer to FOS if Egg doesn't provide me with a satisfactory response. You have 6 months to refer to FOS if your still not happy just so you know but they will ask you to try and resolve it with Egg directly first.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X