• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI claims company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI claims company

In July 2016 I received an unsolicited call from a CMC (HA) caller quoted fee of 30%, st no time was I advised there wherevother ways to seek my PPI, in January 2017 I was awarded £8348.48 an a week later £1359.30 an total of 9708.78, I used the money to clear debts holding back £1500 which I believed would cover the CMC costs, I then received an invoice asking for £4759 for their services, 39% costs with 20% VAT, I wrote a letter stating "without prejudice save to costs" and enclosed a cheque for £1500, I received a phone call stating they where owed £8439 !!!
    I pointed out this is what I received and mentioned I had sent letter/cheque he said I see that was received and passed? I have now received 2 final red demands for £8439 and have had my cheque returned with a letter saying they won't accept my offer. I have no other money to pay them, I am on low earnings and in receipt of tax credit an housing benefits. What happens now ?
    Last edited by Billy blue; 1st February 2017, 16:14:PM. Reason: Typo
    Tags: None

Re: PPI claims company

Hiya

A couple of initial questions:

Who is the CMC?

Do you have the contract that you signed?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy blue View Post
      In July 2016 I received an unsolicited call from a CMC (HA)
      If it's Harringtons Advisory they do charge 39% +VAT http://www.harringtonsadvisory.co.uk...nd-conditions/

They're currently under investigation by the regulator https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/details.aspx/29496

Comment

Will they take me to court ? As I have nothing to give in addition to £1500 I offered them, I am a housing association tennant, and my car is on HP, also I am in Northern Ireland and we have no bailiffs here

Comment

It is Harringtons advisory, The sent me a copy of their terms and conditions and an authorisation form that I had signed enclosed with my returned cheque and their refusal of my offer

Comment

Will they take me to court ? As I have nothing to give in addition to £1500 I offered them, I am a housing association tennant, and my car is on HP, also I am in Northern Ireland and we have no bailiffs here
            If what you say is correct (ie they are billing you the full amount of the refund) you need to make a formal complaint to them and if that doesn't work you can then take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman who's decision is legally binding.

I would be happy to help you draft a complaint but I'd like to see the first invoice for £4759 and the second one for £8439 and the letter returning your cheque. You can either post them up here or e-mail them to me at nickspooner@legalbeagles.info
            Last edited by EXC; 31st January 2017, 18:08:PM.

Comment

I will get them copied tomorrow and email them to you thanks for your help

Comment

I will get them copied tomorrow and email them to you thanks for your help
                No probs and don't worry. It's highly unlikely they's be stupid enough to issue procceedings knowing that they are attempting to overcharge you. The only thing is that according to what you've said you got a total of £9779 in compensation so even at 30% you would owe them £2933 + the VAT = £3520.

Comment

When cheques cleared I got carried away clearing debts an credit cards, when invoice arrived I had only £1500 left, I saw a template letter on here saying make them an offer without prejudice and did so but the refused the offer

Comment

I had also read this on a debt free site :

"Actually you shouldn't be paying any fees as the law on this is quite specific, so get into the consumer legislation.

Under current legislation any PPI claims firm must make the claim on your behalf and give you the full reimbursement you are entitled to; they then submit another claim to the bank for their fees as they are charged separately, and directly to the bank, not you.

This is exactly the same way as no win, no fee works, you get 100% of your money and the bank gets hit for the costs of their unlawful actions."

Comment

Ok well let's get the complaint in and dealt with first and then we can deal with any shortfall issues. If there's anything else you could send me that you think would be useful then by all means do so.

Comment

"Actually you shouldn't be paying any fees as the law on this is quite specific, so get into the consumer legislation.

Under current legislation any PPI claims firm must make the claim on your behalf and give you the full reimbursement you are entitled to; they then submit another claim to the bank for their fees as they are charged separately, and directly to the bank, not you.

This is exactly the same way as no win, no fee works, you get 100% of your money and the bank gets hit for the costs of their unlawful actions."
                        Sorry but that's not true I'm afraid.

Comment

That's the documents emailed

Comment

Hi Billy

Thanks but unfortunately the images are very small and too blurry to read when I zoom in. Can you send them in a bigger format?

Comment

I will resend within the hour

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X