• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • Please note that LegalBeagles is a public forum and the main areas are accessible to all, and as such, please take care your username or posts do not identify you. There is no need to post claim numbers, names or precise amounts to get support with your case. When uploading documents please ensure that you have properly redacted your personal details. Thank you.

PPI claims company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI claims company

I have replied to the Legal ombudsman querying how can I seek further redress as I don’t agree with her decision

Comment

I just saw. It was a fair point you made about not complaining straight away as you thought the increased invoice meant that you'd get more compensation. However even if you win on that point the most they'd award is a few hundred. It's tough to argue the 30% when you signed the LoA with 39% + VAT.

I like your pin shot
      I keep it with your letter
      Done up in blueprint blue
      It sure looks good on you
      And when you smile for the camera
      I know I'll love you better

Then the shutter falls
      You see it all in 3-D
      It's your favorite foreign movie

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

I appealed the oginal ombudsmans decision, the second ombudsman agreed Harrington’s provided a poor service by issuing conflicting invoices and amounts BUT he feels that the 200 goodwill they deducted from my bill is adequate, I have refused to accept his finding and am taking it further with legal ombudsman

Comment

Originally posted by Billy blue View Post
          I appealed the oginal ombudsmans decision, the second ombudsman agreed Harrington’s provided a poor service by issuing conflicting invoices and amounts BUT he feels that the 200 goodwill they deducted from my bill is adequate, I have refused to accept his finding and am taking it further with legal ombudsman
          Ok can you send me the decision?

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
          You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

Just to give you a heads up, Harringtons have had their claims management license cancelled.

https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...authID=&sector

Also their accounts are overdue https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07933572

So it's possible that they might put the company into adminstration. Of course if that happens it doesn't mean you're not still liable as the administrators would still have a claim but just letting you know.

It might be worth letting the Ombudsman know about the license being cancelled (which came into effect on 22 December so possibly before you got the adjudication from the Ombudsman) and ask if that has any effect.

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
            You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X